• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Just wanted to talk to someone

L

Lisa Denver

Ive been self harming for a few years now, on and off. I went a long time where i didnt for a while and I think that was because I had friends and relationships and I didnt get sad as much, but now I have no one to talk to about this stuff and I feel like everyone is moving on and I am not a priority for anyone anymore (im not trying to be selfish or expect everyone to always be thinking of me, but i wish someone would send me a text or check up on me). anyway I started again and it has been worse and worse and the feeling after I self harm isnt like satisfying anymore i guess, like its not a good distraction anymore idk. This is the first online forum ive ever joined and I dont really know what to do but if youve read this far, thanks, and Im sorry for taking time out of your day.

N

Not The Best

Good morning! I'm sorry to see you are feeling this way, I hope you can use this site to help you, there are many people who care and have similar feelings as you. Don't be afraid to post how you feel at any time^^ I'm here if you would like to be friends :hug:

V

vc2009

Ive been self harming for a few years now, on and off. I went a long time where i didnt for a while and I think that was because I had friends and relationships and I didnt get sad as much, but now I have no one to talk to about this stuff and I feel like everyone is moving on and I am not a priority for anyone anymore (im not trying to be selfish or expect everyone to always be thinking of me, but i wish someone would send me a text or check up on me). anyway I started again and it has been worse and worse and the feeling after I self harm isnt like satisfying anymore i guess, like its not a good distraction anymore idk. This is the first online forum ive ever joined and I dont really know what to do but if youve read this far, thanks, and Im sorry for taking time out of your day.
Hey Lisa, don't feel like your not priority for anyone anymore, you are not alone, and you don't need everyone on the world to care you. Love yourself. I also facing an issue and fixing that by myself alone.That give me alot anxiety and overthinking daily. At first I felt alone but after I share my feeling to this forum and the people in this forum, they support me, comfort me and they give the idea as much as they can. For me this is also first time joining the online forum.

Now I feel a lot better than before, it doesn't mean 100% recover tho, but it worth for me. Every time my anxiety are high, I come here and share my feeling.

So you can shared your feeling in here, nobody will judge you but they will support you as much as they can. There are so many activities in here all you can enjoy and share your feeling. Don't feel sorry taking time out of our day. That's what is this forum for. We support each other.

Hope you will better and enjoy in this forum.

L

Lisa Denver

Hey Lisa, don't feel like your not priority for anyone anymore, you are not alone, and you don't need everyone on the world to care you. Love yourself. I also facing an issue and fixing that by myself alone.That give me alot anxiety and overthinking daily. At first I felt alone but after I share my feeling to this forum and the people in this forum, they support me, comfort me and they give the idea as much as they can. For me this is also first time joining the online forum.

Now I feel a lot better than before, it doesn't mean 100% recover tho, but it worth for me. Every time my anxiety are high, I come here and share my feeling.

So you can shared your feeling in here, nobody will judge you but they will support you as much as they can. There are so many activities in here all you can enjoy and share your feeling. Don't feel sorry taking time out of our day. That's what is this forum for. We support each other.

Hope you will better and enjoy in this forum.
Thanks, it's nice to know i have support even from the keys of a message board.
Lisa

J

Jazzmine84

I did some self harm when I was younger. I don’t do that anymore and I think it’s mostly because I found other ways of coping with the pain inside. It’s important to let it out. You did good to subscribe to this forum. Here I can tell you we don’t judge and we know the kind of struggles you’re going through.

Hope you’ll feel better soon!

Foxjo

Foxjo

I get you.
I spent years running around after one friend. Never got the suprise texts to ask how i was doing (i was always asking her), i was always running around after her. Silly things like if you were to ask her where i lived she wouldnt know, i always visited her house! In the end i finished that friendship and two years on i feel it was the right thing to do. Some people just arent good friends and i have learnt that over the years. Some people cant do friendships and are very selfish. Maybe its worth looking at your circle of friends?

You are not needy because you want to feel wanted. Everyone deserves to feel loved (in any way).

The self harming is destructive. I get that too, i am a recovering self harmer. I too would feel angry at myself and punish myself for how others were behaving.
Jazzmine84 is right you need to find alternative ways of coping with the distress. Not easy to do but you can achieve it i promise. Distraction techniques is what i use. do things with my hands that distract from the thoughts like cross stitching, felting, sewing etc.

Anyway welcome to the forum and keep talking
Hugs
Fox

L

Lisa Denver

I get you.
I spent years running around after one friend. Never got the suprise texts to ask how i was doing (i was always asking her), i was always running around after her. Silly things like if you were to ask her where i lived she wouldnt know, i always visited her house! In the end i finished that friendship and two years on i feel it was the right thing to do. Some people just arent good friends and i have learnt that over the years. Some people cant do friendships and are very selfish. Maybe its worth looking at your circle of friends?

You are not needy because you want to feel wanted. Everyone deserves to feel loved (in any way).

The self harming is destructive. I get that too, i am a recovering self harmer. I too would feel angry at myself and punish myself for how others were behaving.
Jazzmine84 is right you need to find alternative ways of coping with the distress. Not easy to do but you can achieve it i promise. Distraction techniques is what i use. do things with my hands that distract from the thoughts like cross stitching, felting, sewing etc.

Anyway welcome to the forum and keep talking
Hugs
Fox
I think about ending those friendships but then i really wouldn't have anyone which I feel like is worse. I wish I could just be direct about what I'm feeling, just as a way to improve the situation but that is really stressful cause you never know how people will respond. As far as the self harm goes, I know I need to stop. It's just harder than I thought it would be.

MeJustMe

MeJustMe

Hi Lisa. I just joined this forum today for a few of the same reasons you've described. I used to self-harm as well and still feel the urge, but I've managed to stop. It's kind of like an addiction, in my view. Weird, right? Physical pain is easier to deal with than mental pain, maybe? I have no idea. But it's HORRIBLY destructive and I'm SO glad I don't do it any more. Anyway I TOTALLY know what it feels like to be alone in the world, but let me promise you that you're not. There ARE people who care, and even though we'll never meet, I count myself as one of them.

Be well.

L

Lisa Denver

Hi Lisa. I just joined this forum today for a few of the same reasons you've described. I used to self-harm as well and still feel the urge, but I've managed to stop. It's kind of like an addiction, in my view. Weird, right? Physical pain is easier to deal with than mental pain, maybe? I have no idea. But it's HORRIBLY destructive and I'm SO glad I don't do it any more. Anyway I TOTALLY know what it feels like to be alone in the world, but let me promise you that you're not. There ARE people who care, and even though we'll never meet, I count myself as one of them.

Be well.
Thanks that's rlly kind, how did you give it up?

MeJustMe

MeJustMe

I wish I had an answer for you. I just sort of... stopped? Maybe willed myself to stop? I hate saying things like that because it sounds like "Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" which is the biggest load of BS ever spoken. Nobody can do that, it's a paradox. I used to wear long sleeves even in the summer so nobody could see what I'd been doing to myself, not even my MHPs. Perhaps mindfulness helped the most. I've made a practice of studying my own moods and actions and trying to step back and analyze them. It's like "Okay, I'm feeling the urge to self-harm. It won't help so let's do something else instead." I SO wish I had a better answer.

L

Lisa Denver

no that's a good answer, and the whole long sleeve during summer is the worst. I might just take some more time to work on myself and become more self aware, thanks

MeJustMe

MeJustMe

If that helps in any way, I will consider that a personal accomplishment. I'm always here.