• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just want to give up now!

Lara

Lara

I don’t know what to do!!! I was ment to have a review with my psychiatrist today but when I got to the centre they said that my doctor had flu and that my appointment had been cancelled. They said that they couldn’t fit me in again until the middle of January!
I’m almost out of medication and I’m not sure its working for me anyway!

I’m on 40mg of citalopram daily. I’m not as anxious but there is no improvement in my mood.
So far I’ve had Prozac, Effexor, Lofepramine, Amitriptaline and now citalopram none of which have worked. I’m starting to feel like I’m never going to get out of this black hole and that I should just accept that I’m melancholy because that’s part of who I am!

Any advice any one?

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, how long have you been on the citalopram? It takes a while to work, like they all seem to. As for having nearly run out, your GP will be able to give you a prescription for that, just explain that you've not got an appointment till January and I'm sure they will oblige.

Lara

Lara

Hi,

I've been on the citalopam since june, they started me off on 20mg daily and my last review was in september and I was upped for 40mg daily. so it been a while.

Just having a really bad day today. Cant concentrate, little to no movtivation which isnt good as I'm work and I just want to go home and crawl back into bed.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hmm perhaps you need still more, I'm on 60 which is reckoned to be the max dose, tho my doc says he can increase me to 80 if necessary. Have you had any talking therapies at all?

Lara

Lara

psychology did absolutely nothing for me.I've found that repeating myself like a cracked record doesnt help. Talking cannot change what has already happened. If any thing talking makes me worse.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Well don't give up, maybe something like CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) will help. It focuses on the here and now rather than the past, helping you to challenge negative patterns of thinking. Also sometimes a combination of meds will help.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Try to concentrate on now and not worry about what may happen in January - I know easier said than done but you need to look after yourself now, get an appointment with your local g.p. see if they can help with the tablet situation, I am sure they will be able to.

Take it easy, don;t just stop taking the tablets it will surely make your mood worse because of the side effects - be careful

KS