• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

just want the right help fast

W

warriorprincess

Well blow me down and call me something crazy - my care coordinator who i've seen a couple of times so far, seems rather hellbent on getting me away for a couple of days, somewhere nice.

Now this is a lovely idea - and it's what I would choose to do myself had I the money, and not a full time mummy who's also expecting my second child. But thank god something is keeping me a little more grounded, but who knows how it's manifesting itself -I'm sure I don't get off it that lightly, despite knowing my responsibilities.
I just don't get that she says there is money available to help pay for that. Surely I would rather some professional help and then there would be no need to 'run away'? Can't they put that money instead towards a private psychiatrist and then I may be one step nearer the end of all this confusion?

Why is she encouraging me to live out my 'ways'?!!!

Damn help! Always too late, or as I'm starting to se, in totally the wrong measures!

grr...
And I so don't mean to sounds ungrateful either I hope I don't sound it, but seriously!! help my head before 'sending me off for a couple days somewhere nice!'

Please?!

L

LilMissLost

Hey Warrior Princess,
Wow i didnt know there was money set aside for stuff like that, but you are right in thinking they should help you get your head straight that would be my primary concern aswell, where is she suggesting you go did she say? Hope you are ok hun xx

megirl

megirl

Hi, sorry probably cant give much advice but Wow!!! I see where you are coming from. Its kind of like what the fuck?
To be honest though my psych suggested I go for a holiday last time I saw her. I should have said where? to heaven. That would have baffled her.
However coming from their point of view AND probably not having suffered from mental illness they probably can be a little unrealistic.
I know I had a holiday for a few days in March and in all honesty I would have been better admitting myself to the psych ward. Really you know yourself sometimes when unwell getting away can be the worst thing. I think getting yourself 'right' is probably the focus at the moment.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense my brains a bit fucked at the moment.

W

warriorprincess

Hey thanks for both replies.

She suggested it when i said how much I needed a break. I said I just needed to get away for a few days or something, and there she was - jumping right in there and suggesting they could make it happen! But even though it's what I'd like to do, it's what I've done in the past -I just don't get that they would actively encourage me to do it! Like seriously! If I said I wanted to self harm would she have given me a blade? Right now, I'm laughing writing that, but I don't mean in any way to slight self harm, it's just an analogy.

Just don't know how it's gonna get anything sorted. And at my lowest I asked if I could be admitted to hospital, and she just said they wouldn't do that!

Just seems f'd up that even if you spell out the help you need, which is hard enough, they do the complete opposite!

I had a mini melt down yday (seriously mini - just got worked up for an hour) basically burst into floods of tears at my local housing office as they've stuffed up my rent lately and trying to sort that out but whatever I do it's not enough. I just felt like screaming at the guy behind the counter, but instead started crying and had to walk off, so I called my care coordinator, and I guess she did help in listening, and I'm seeing her tomorrow so hopefully she can fight my corner a bit more. But that's the sort of help I know I need right now.

Thank god she does seem to have spoken to the last psych I saw, and seems to be considering BP as more of an option for me at the mo. because i'm 10 weeks pregnant I guess it's hard for them to assess me - typical timing, story of my life!

Yeah megirl I agree - however much they read up on the symptoms could never come close to understand what goes on in our heads. I just wish they'd take me up a little while I am willing to talk about it all. But I guess by seeing her every week and calling her up when I need it they must see the bigger picture soon. Also awaiting an appointment with another doctor, who she's said is really good - so we'll see how that goes. If only they could take a slice of my brain, or replay a chunk of my life...

anyway, sorry this is neither here or there, I just didn't wana not post back on here and this is how I'm feeling about it right now, so thought I'd add. Whatever helps eh...

hugs guys xxx

L

LilMissLost

Hey Warrior Princess, i seem to have missed your reply you posted, how are you feeling now, hope you are feeling a bit better. Iv just had my first appointment with care coordinator and i have been buzzing round happy all weekend so really didnt feel like i need their help today, plus im a bit worried as she said social workers were all involved in the care team so how much can you tell them about how f'd up we feel, i dont want to tell her anything now i wish id never asked to be referred, it was question after question and i couldnt think straight to reply so god knows what iv said! As you say if only they could replay a bit of our lives, hope you are feeling a bit better hugs to you xxx