• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just Venting About My Life

P

potatoes26

Ive had depression my whole life and I’m on meds but still struggling.
I recently quit my job in California in February due to no work available, toxic people in my life there, and mental health. I took some time to travel and now I’m back home in Missouri with my parents. Struggling to find a job. I’ve tried rekindling friendships here but it’s hard. I’ve tried dating apps for friends and men but when people find out you have no job they just quit talking to you. I try to keep busy working out and job searching but it’s hard. I haven’t had sex in like a year and a half lol. I’m becoming a hermit and even more depressed. I feel like I’m a Debbie downer and stressed out all the time and no one likes to hangout with me but at the same time I feel like an outcast because my dream is to live in a van and travel and no one I know understands this or really approves of it. I know I’m probably overthinking because everyone’s busy with their own lives but still.
On top of all this I turn 27 tomorrow and I’m just dreading getting older. I guess I just needed to vent and maybe some advice.

ht46

ht46

Get the van, there are some camper van companies that let you pay them off I've looked into it as well, maybe you need to be a gypsy. Find a hustle if you have spare time atm eg writing, art, photography it can distract you from being depressed as well if you set goals like this give it say 5-6 years you'll be on your way to achieving the life style you want it just takes patience and not being put off by being a newbie. IDK that's just how I sort of think but my meds a doing a good job these days so I understand it's harder with your illness to deal with.

ht46

ht46

I don't mean to advise you to be irresponsible either some basic job training in a field could help as well.

E

EclipticNight

Ive had depression my whole life and I’m on meds but still struggling.
I recently quit my job in California in February due to no work available, toxic people in my life there, and mental health. I took some time to travel and now I’m back home in Missouri with my parents. Struggling to find a job. I’ve tried rekindling friendships here but it’s hard. I’ve tried dating apps for friends and men but when people find out you have no job they just quit talking to you. I try to keep busy working out and job searching but it’s hard. I haven’t had sex in like a year and a half lol. I’m becoming a hermit and even more depressed. I feel like I’m a Debbie downer and stressed out all the time and no one likes to hangout with me but at the same time I feel like an outcast because my dream is to live in a van and travel and no one I know understands this or really approves of it. I know I’m probably overthinking because everyone’s busy with their own lives but still.
On top of all this I turn 27 tomorrow and I’m just dreading getting older. I guess I just needed to vent and maybe some advice.
I know how ya feel about the job thing. I'm disabled so back when I tried the dating game women ran when they found that out. Funny how important people find money. Indeed the root of all evil.

Happy 27th. Getting older does suck but your not there yet. I'm nearly 37 now and have 25 million conditions making my body a broken pain machine. It sucks. Enjoy that youth while you have it. If your male also enjoy your hair, I lost that too lol.

If you ever want to talk feel free to message me. I'm always happy to chat with someone, hermit or not. I mean I'm a master hermit. I bairly leave my room.