• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Just told i have BPD

Cryddal

Cryddal

I was just told i also have BPD on top of PTSD and Depression and Anxiety... I feel like i just keep getting things added and that maybe ive always had this .... idk just feeling overwhelmed with it all..

S

sadgirl

Hi cryddal and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can I am sorry to hear that your feeling overwhelmed with your diagnosis have you tried reading about it it can sometimes take a while to sink in that this is what is wrong with me and it's not uncommon to feel like theres something wrong with me have a look at the bpd/eubpd part of the forum as it can help

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm sorry your feeling overwhelmed, maybe it might help to start a journal.
We do have a journals section.
Hope you have support around you.
Hugs

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

I also have acquired a list of diagnosis' however I don't think to much about them as separate and overwhelming but more of enmeshed disorders
For example I overcomponsate for my safety because of a traumatic childhood and that manifests in SAD and GAD bothe anxiety disorders from the same place that present differently a over compensation in the form of social danger and overcompensation in the form of unpredictability in life
Then I also have bpd and ptsd which stems from a similar place of abandonment and trauma and a coping response
They all work together but they are all symptoms of 1 underlying issue. The trauma that I experienced that left me essentially with brain damage
an inability connect
Emotion dysregulation
Obsessive fear of abandonment
Overcompensation of safety
Neurotransmitter defects

All are the same thing really in different forms
It may be less overwhelming to see them as the surface level of an underlying cause. But if it doesnt I wish you the best.

A

amongparadise

I was just told i also have BPD on top of PTSD and Depression and Anxiety... I feel like i just keep getting things added and that maybe ive always had this .... idk just feeling overwhelmed with it all..
Its completely natural to feel the way you do. Took me 6 months to accept my bpd diagnosis. but that's how you get better. Knowing you have it is so much better than just reacting. Going from one shitty relationship to the next and attracting people that are not good for you. You can make action plans for your triggers. You'll know what you need to feel safe and loved in your relationships etc. Time will make everything softer. sending you a big hug and lots of love!