Just started medication for anxiety

K

kath08

Hey, I finally went to speak to a doctor about going on medication after a year of quite bad anxiety and panic. I have done some CBT for several months but now I've come home from university for the summer that has finished.
I've been given citalopram and I'm starting on 10mg per day. (Started yesterday so i've only taken 2 tablets at the moment). I've also been given propanolol to take as and when I need it. (I haven't taken this at all yet)
Just wondered if anyone has any experience with either of these?

I've never taken medication for mental health before and I really didn't want to go down this route because it seems to make it more real and upsetting but my anxiety has been ridiculous and unbearable for a long time now.

L

Laudanum

I was on Citalopram for a number of years. I decided to come off it just over a year ago, but had to go back on 3 weeks ago. I also take Proplanalol on an adhoc basis.

I don't suffer any side effects from these medications, although if you go without Citalopram for a few days you can get some bad withdrawal symptoms.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi I’ve never taken citalapram but take duloxitine and mirtazipine. And lorazepam and propanalol PRN
Propanalol is brilliant if you suffer a rapid heart beat but I wouldn’t take more than two a day as it also lowers your blood pressure . I started passing out taking the three a day I was prescribed so had to come off it for a while but have gone back on it again. I take one every morning and sometimes on an afternoon if needed .

L

Laudanum

I'm allowed to take up to three a day, but have never taken more than one. Some days I don't take any, just when I get a fast heartbeat I can't reduce.