just seen this on the bbc re new zealand

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Wow I wouldn't have expected it from New Zealand either! Learn something every day.

madfryer

madfryer

even our 999 staff are having issues it is worldwide there is no answer but thank god for this forum no where better to air your issues and speak out and someone is ready to listen who understands what your going through

Kerome

Kerome

That's odd that New Zealand has such a high proportion of suicides amongst young people, it always seemed to me a pretty ideal country to live in, space, nature, mountains, English speaking people.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I would imagine that NZ probably holds some old fashioned views which could alienate its youth.

madfryer

madfryer

it might have trees and some beautiful places but that does not help the many its commerce we have to live to survive use our surrounding its not just there to look at i know what went through my mind when i first heard it was its like going to heaven to do it

Kerome

Kerome

I guess it might be difficult with a cultural heritage that's part indigenous and part immigrant or European. I heard that the Hobbit villages they built for Lord of the Rings ended up becoming quite a big tourist attraction but with only a couple of hundred years of cultural record those kinds of things might be a bit rare... I also remember hearing comments like there's a lot more sheep than people.