• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just saying hello

G

galwaygirl

Founding Member
I am just saying hello. Even though I have posted before.
Have suffered with MH for many years. I have been fine for quite some time now but last night was seized panic. I had my ex partner here with me, it wasnt anything to do with that. I was just sitting here and I suddenly started thinking I couldnt breathe properly - I dont know if I was overbreathing without knowing it. But this went on all night.
I wanted to phone my local support team just to say how I was feeling, just in a state of panic. I didnt tell my ex how I was feeling because I didnt want him fussing. I know maybe I should speak out but I cant. I hate being in an anxiety state but I find keeping it to myself makes it easier to deal with than having to deal with it and others fussing about. About others fussing leaves me in a stressed situation.
I know this is nothing compared to what others suffer and believe me I have been very low in the past, but when I havent had a panic attack for a long time when I do have one it knocks me sideways completely.
Thanks
:confused:

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi Galway Girl - how are you doing now? Did you contact your local support team? Let us know how things are. Take care of yourself.

Rollinat :hug:

D

Dollit

Hi GG - hope you're feeling better now. I find it worse trying to deal with anxiety if someone else is there. It makes me feel like I have to breathe for them too. Nice to see you.

G

galwaygirl

Founding Member
Hi GG - hope you're feeling better now. I find it worse trying to deal with anxiety if someone else is there. It makes me feel like I have to breathe for them too. Nice to see you.[/QUOTE

That is exactly how I feel. Like to have to breathe for others as well as myself. I always feel like I have to protect people from my anxiety, while they have no problem with dumping their anxiety on me.

G

galwaygirl

Founding Member
Hi Galway Girl - how are you doing now? Did you contact your local support team? Let us know how things are. Take care of yourself.

Rollinat :hug:
Just to say - no I didnt contact my local MH team but I will it it continues.
Havent been too bad today. Just trying to relax and keep my mind off myself.
Thanks