• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just passing....

G

gcare

So I thought I'd just drop a note and some hope for the others out there that live with a loved one who has bi-polar.

Its been well over 12 years and have spent endless hours supporting my wife and have seen it all.... and I mean all... nothing would shock me now.

But we're still together despite most of her friends and family desserting her (though reappear from time to time when they think it is safe to come out!).

We have 2 great kids who despite the difficulties have done brilliantly in school and think they have become more understanding and better people for seeing real life. I tried to hide/cover it up at first but then involved them as to not alienate them from their mum.

So chin up, remember why your together and do something to make you smile - life is not a rehersal!

M

maudikie

maudikie.

Well done. Keep up the good work. Get your children to campaign for better understanding of the illness. we oldies need a continuum from the next generation.
All best wishes, and thanks for writing. Keep in contact.
:flowers:for your wife and all of you.

B

Blondie

Couldn't agree more love but for some that is easier said than done xx

BORTU

BORTU

Greetings gcare,

Being new here I'm just saying hello. I had a bi girl friend once, so I can sympathise with you. You must be a really good person to have stayed with it.