• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Just out of hospital but not out of the woods .......

C

cherbear

Sorry I have not been around . Anxiety and depression got the better of me and I tried to end my own life . My other half found me and have been in ICU and then acute medical care . Not out of the woods as I still need blood tests and a possible liver scan . An odd silver lining is they picked up a couple of possible underlying medical conditions . The nurses and Psychiatrists were amazing the Doctors too . If that does not put you off self harming this might the whole time I was in the acute medical ward there was a guy shouting "Nurse , help " without fail about every five minutes or so interspersed with language that turned the air blue . It was so bad it was funny "Nurse , help " is ingrained in the minds of everyone on that ward lol . Hope you are all ok sending love and hugs to all xxxx:hug::loveshower:

Last edited:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry it got that bad Cher but glad you have got some help and you have had nice people looking after you :hug5:

xxx

Apravo

Apravo

Hey cherbear. I remember visiting my brother in hospital. And we had the same thing this guy shouting nurse and ringing his buzzer every 2 minutes. It was funny for the first week but must have wound the nurses up terribly.

All the best ��

Monroe1980

Monroe1980

Very glad you are OK cherbear, I know you were in a bad way yesterday. Really hope you feel somewhat better and things improve for you. :hug:

C

cherbear

:grouphug: Thank you so much for the replies means so much to me x Had a real breakthrough today the Psychiatrists I saw were angels , genuine , compassionate , caring and treated me with respect . Refreshing to hear if it matters to you it's not silly and had real concern about the issues I had and wanted to help me resolve them . The Senior Psychiatist came to see me before I left not because he was scheduled too he just wanted to stop by and make sure I was ok and we chatted about On the road the book I was reading . The junior psychiatrist was really lovely too . Two of the kindest people I have ever met . My other half and his Mum have been outstanding too xxx

Last edited:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Aww i'm really sorry to hear you got to that point of trying to take your own life.:hug:
I know you've been struggling loads lately. I'm so pleased to hear that you're still with us though. :hug1:

Perhaps the fact they've found underlying medical issues plus the fact that you acted on your urges might mean that you'll get better treatment and support?
I really hope so.

Oh and I know what you mean about other patients.
There was an old lady with dementia shouting non-stop for her husband one time I was in hospital.

I really hope you get a good night's sleep. In fact, get as much rest as you possibly can because your body will need it.

Please keep us updated.. i'll be thinking of you. x

C

cherbear

Thank you Somersetscorpio that's lovely of you x Hope you are ok ? Interesting you picked up on that . The Senior psychiatrist was himself interested and intrigued that mental health issues flagged possible medical conditions xxx

C

cherbear

I'm sharing this as I hope it prevents others from hurting themselves to that extent so i'm going to be brutally honest . The mental anguish you feel is excrutiating it is not numb in the slightest . The physical act of hurting yourself to the point you do severe damage is worse than any pain you can imagine . The hurt and pain it causes others should not in any way be underestimated . You may be under the impression that their life will be easier without you . Far from it they are upset that you did not tell them how you felt and the pain they were feeling that you would of no longer been in their life is all too real . I learnt the oh so hard way .

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Cherbear.. :hug1:

I know what that anguish is like, and i'm sorry that you're having to go though it.
It's all the more reason to be nice to yourself though.
You are a lovely human being with a big heart - it would have been tragic for you to have gone in the way you intended last night.

C

cherbear

Aw Somersetscorpio i'm so very sorry you have gone through that too . It's the true definition of hell on earth . You have a heart of gold and are one of the kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of chatting too so i'm always sorry to see you going through your own struggles . Thinking of you too hunny xxxx

C

cherbear

Went for blood tests today and the results have stagnated so back to the Ambulatory Care Acute Medicine Department ward for more tests tomorrow !