• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just not sure

A

Alittlelost

:unsure:

I'm seeing a new T for my ed and today was my second appt with her and i'm just not sure.:unsure:

I was seeing my last T for just over two years and i liked the way we worked together. He knew my past, he knew my struggles and my personality.I never really had to start conversations with him, there were never any arkward silences and he knew how to prompt me into opening up about my past.

This new T expects me to bring issues up which i struggle with but i just cannot do it. If it was left to me i would never open up to anybody, however this is part of my problem when it comes to my anorexia..i'm good at keeping things to myself.

I suppose i am worried that now certain issues have been brought up (with my old T) i am now left to deal with them on my own because i just cannot start conversations of a certain nature. :scared:

BORTU

BORTU

Hi there,

It is a shame that you had to change. When I was really bad I could not talk to people, but I found that I would write down what I wanted to say and give it to them to read, this broke the ice, so to speak, and helped.

You can always pour it all out on here, we are faceless friends who understand.

A

Alittlelost

I know, it's a horrible shame. I moved locations after being an inpatient and he could no longer work with me. It's not too bad though because i am now a patient of my local service where i was an inpatient so i get more food related support now. I use to write a diary for my ex T and i found this really usefull when disclosing personal issues. Problem is my new T wants me to start talking about issues insteed. Something about "making it real" and being able to talk about my feelings revolving issues.

I don't know....it's still eary days though, maybe it may get easier.

Thank you for your reply.