• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just not sure why

N

Nero_the_cat

This is my first post on here so i'm not sure if i'm posting in the right place. but oh well! so i have no real problems in my life yet i still feel low 24/7 i'm on citalopram 20mg (antidepressant) as pescribed by my doctor. i used to self harm when i was about 12-15 and i managed to stop myself but lately i have just been feeling so low that i want to do it again....i took an overdose back in november 2009 and stayed overnight in A and E whitch is when the doctors got in touch to put me on the medecation, i just dont understand why i feel so low, there are so many people in this world suffering and going through hell but still manage to look on the bright side!! like a girl i went to school with last year died of cancer and the whole way through her treatement she still managed to look on the brightside and be happy. but why me someone who has no real medical illness am i so unhappy....i just dont understand.....i go out alot with my friends and get really drunk and hope that something will happen to my drink like someone will spike it and i will end up in hospital or dead, why do i want something bad to happen to me? it really confuses me......i just dont get it....all evening ive been sat here punching myself to try and give myself a black eye and i just don't know why...if anyone else has or is ever felt like this please get in touch!

A

Antonia25

hi

you are deffinatly in the right place.....well done for coming on here
you say u have no real medical ilness but to me and probably several others it is clear u are siffering from depression......
depression is the grey cloud that smothers and takes apart of us.....it takes that part that help us to look on the bright side of life.....

it is completly normal the things you are feeling for a depressed person, i would seriously suggest that you ask the doctor to increase your medication 20mg is a lo dose...u may find a higher dose will help you feel more positive.....

in times of extreme low mood get on here, call or email the smaritans, try to think of all your loved onees,

truth be told i myself dont want to be here and its only my loved ones keeping me here
take each day as it comes......remember tomorrow is a new day.........................
take care....keep posting....people on here are very supportive
xxx

N

Nero_the_cat

Thats the thing, how do you explain to people you are suffering from depression. its an illness that people just think is silly or whatever, my mum is constantly whinging at me for being on anti depressants saying theres nothing wrong with me etc. and people will always ask, why are you depressed well i don't know?? how do you say that.....i've not been as low lately as i have been but when i get the days when im feeling extremely low it's horrible, i just want a way out of life.....to just dissapear for a few months....i dont even know if what i'm writing makes sense but im just writing how i feel as it comes to my head haha

A

Antonia25

thats the thing that winds me up...anyone who hasnt suffered from depression just doesnt understand it......im sick of being told to keep my chin up....pull myself together......

i dont know what i can say to help you apart from i feel exactly the same way..... i feel like my life is falling apart and i just want a way out of it...things would be far simpler then......

:grouphug:

G

gmh

i will admit i never used to think depression existed and im still struggling to come to terms with it now. but after the last few weeks im seeing things in a different like, i beleive depression may be just one of those things you hae to experience to beleive. i dont suffer from depression but my moods are all over the place lately so I have some idea of what its all about now. the minds an amazingly crazy thing.

D

DELATEXT

Depression

DEPRESSION IS AWFUL, AN ILLNESS THAT CAN WRECK YOUR LIFE ???
SOMETIMES PEOPLE DO NOT GET IT, AS THEY CAN'T SEE IT AS THEY CAN A PHYSICAL ILLNESS.
TRY SEEING YOUR DOCTOR WHO COULD REFER YOU TO ONE OF THE MENTAL HEALTH CHARITIES WHO CAN OFFER REAL SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE, KEEP POSTING HERE YOU HAVE OUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANG.

:welcome::grouphug: