• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

just needed to share

E

erebry

Coming to terms with the fact I've got a mental health condition has got to be one of the hardest things I've dealt with in my 19 years. My main issue is that I've been suffering with it for a couple of years now, but I've tried to pretend nothing's been wrong. It's difficult for me to talk about, but even worse for me not to. I think it's due to a combination of factors; my parents' unexpected divorce, not feeling like I fitted in at school, and constantly feeling like I was being criticised, analysed and judged by my peers. It was particularly bad in my GCSE year, I had to have nearly a month off school, just because I didn't have the energy or the capacity to cope with the people or the workload. I had sleeping problems, and occasionally suffered with anxiety attacks. Due to the situation my parents had left me in, I was frequently left alone for weeks at a time; leading to a complete inability to cope with silence or the feeling of loneliness, something which has impacted me massively at university. Although I am constantly surrounded by people, it is still hard to not feel isolated. I feel like my anxiety is choking my potential; I know there is someone inside of me who is confident, bubbly, chatty and funny all of the time, but my anxiety holds me back. It feels like I am caged within myself, I just want to break free of it but it's not that easy. I try all the coping methods recommended, I exercise and eat well, take part in things I enjoy, and spend time with my friends. But it is still there in the back of my mind, all the time. I worry what people think of me, how I look, what I say, if I'm funny enough or pretty enough. I constantly compare myself to other people, and have a constant need for reassurance and company. Admitting I have a problem has been incredibly difficult for me, and I refuse to let it take over my life.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome to the forum erebry.
Hugs.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Advice needed!!! I feel like a cheater, 24/7 guilt this past month Anxiety Forum 9
Carol1952 I so needed someone to talk to but I got nobody Anxiety Forum 34
J Advice Needed - Coping Methods? Anxiety Forum 1
S Relationship advice needed Anxiety Forum 1
N Exhausted and want to visit my GP ... advice needed Anxiety Forum 2
S Advice needed please Anxiety Forum 8
carecaregeo1 Help needed- hormone and health anxiety Anxiety Forum 1
B Tips needed Anxiety Forum 2
C New here and help needed please Anxiety Forum 15
H Advice Needed: Where do I go from here? Anxiety Forum 6
P Help and advice needed Anxiety Forum 3
S Palpitations and High BP after self study. Help needed. Anxiety Forum 1
A Help needed! Anxiety Forum 3
F GERD Acid reflux and swallowing air with sore throat help needed fast Anxiety Forum 3
J IMPORTANT - Advice needed, Thank you! Anxiety Forum 5
Y Advice needed Anxiety Forum 3
H Help! Advice needed (for partner) on anxiety-intimacy issue Anxiety Forum 1
I Advice needed. Anxiety Forum 5
S Advice needed badly. Anxiety Forum 1
Goldensnowfall Opinions on Ativan "as needed"? Anxiety Forum 11
J Anxiety triggered by relationships with guys - advice needed Anxiety Forum 4
S Help needed Anxiety Forum 1
S Terrified Out of My Mind About Everything: (Just what's going on with me, not exactly a must read)(just needed to rant) Anxiety Forum 2
S help needed Anxiety Forum 5
L New Member - advice needed please! Anxiety Forum 8
R Advice needed on intrusive thoughts. Anxiety Forum 10
L Quick help needed Anxiety Forum 3
B Separation Anxiety, Help needed. Anxiety Forum 3
W Intro, childhood abuse TRIGGER WARNING, advice needed? Anxiety Forum 2
J Signed off from corporate job with anxiety. Advice needed Anxiety Forum 6
C urgent advise needed Anxiety Forum 3
K Advice needed Anxiety Forum 3
SaitenMar Combating negative thought - help needed. Anxiety Forum 4
B Beta blockers, help needed before 4pm xx Anxiety Forum 10
C Volunteers for research needed Anxiety Forum 2
M Share your ways to fight with Hypochondriasis Anxiety Forum 1
Annelis I just want to share my stress with someone Anxiety Forum 4
K Used to be normal,no anxiety,no panic attacks before 2 weeks,can anyone share their thoughts why this happened to me... Anxiety Forum 9
T just need to share Anxiety Forum 5
G Any weird/vivid dreams experiences you want to share? Anxiety Forum 10
N Televsion Programme, this afternoon - and to share my tips for when anxiety will suddenly and or fear take over. Anxiety Forum 4
Sweet Peach Tea Lamictal (lamoTrigine)......For Anxiety.....Share your Experience! Anxiety Forum 18
I Relapse - share your experiences Anxiety Forum 2
D Some advice I wrote for myself - thought that I'd share Anxiety Forum 1
Jimny I need to share. Anxiety Forum 12