• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just need to tell my story, I guess.

drgnrose24

drgnrose24

Hello. I am 27 years old. I am a mother of 3 girls. I have been living with anxiety and depression for about 21 years of my life perhaps longer, but my mother first got me into therapy when I was 6. I have also, more recently, been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and ADD as well as disthymia with major depression (or "double depression" I've also heard it called.) The depression gets pretty bad sometimes, but I get through it. The anxiety really gets me sometimes, the panick attacks are awful. They are a lot less intense than they used to be due to medication, but I still get freaked out a lot. Everytime I feel a change in my body or pain or something I start getting panicky. I hate feeling like that and some times my kids say things that make me think they have it too and I don't know how to help them. They come up to me crying once in a while saying, "Mommy, I don't wanna die," or "Mommy, I don't want you to die," and stuff like that. The same things I would say to my mother as a kid. I don't know what to say to them to help calm them down. I just need to tell a little of my story and any advice is welcome. Thank you. :scared:

D

Dollit

You don't say how old your kids are but they must be pretty young if you're 27. You know that when you said things like that to your mum then what you really wanted was reassurance so start there. But your kids must be picking up this anxiety from somewhere so perhaps that's also a good place to start? Keep posting.