• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just need to talk!

T

TOONAFISH

Hi

Just joined today. I have had problems since i can remember. Low self esteem, mood swings, anxiety etc which all got worse after a rape and then an abusive relationship. things got worse when i had my first kid and then again when i had my 2nd child. She was born in sept 2006. I loved her instantly but unfortunately my only sister had a terrible car accident that dec and i had a nervous breakdown and ended up in hospital. Got out Aug 2007 and i think im doing ok. But things just keep going wrong. My hubby told me he had 20k of debt, we have lost our house, we are on the homless list, my mum and dad just lost their house, my sis in law just miscarried, my mum found a lump in her breast 2 weeks ago, luckily not cancer.

However, I feel totally overwhelmed. I think any day now will be the straw that broke the camels back! I am doing lots to help myself, eating healthy, no alcohol, no caffiene, exercising, getting outdoors, but I just feel so tired all the time and like im fighting a losing battle. Life is hard, and I know many many others will have much worse stuff to deal with so i am sorry to moan.

I feel i have no one to talk to and feel so lonely most of the time.

I know no one can solve my probs, but hoping i can get some chats with nice people, to keep me going while i deal with it.

thanks in advance xx

lucid scream

lucid scream

wow. thats a lot to pile on one plate. and theres few things that will stress you faster than massive debt and other financial issues.
do you take any medications? not to say thats what you need to do, just curious. personnally, i get as much or more therapy here than i do at my therapists.

T

Twylight

Hello and welcome

I'm sorry to hear what's been going on, but pleased your mum's OK
My family emigrated in the eighties and i've been almost completely alone since
I tend not to talk much, but I like to listen...
Please feel free to open up

T

TOONAFISH

thanks

yeh im on lithium, duloxatine, chlopromazine, and omacor. altho have had a bug for three (yes three) weeks so havnt managed to take them every day as i just bring them back up (sorry to much info):)

thanks for replying. just nice to have someone to talk too. miss the hospital for that, cause we were all in the same boat! cpn comes once a week but sometimes i just need to talk when im ready rather than when she can make it iyswim?

x

lucid scream

lucid scream

lol, yaknow, i miss the hospital sometimes too. id still go there sometimes i think but the psych place i go to now has thier own facility and its a shithole. last time i went i spent 8 hours in the waiting room with no supervision.

T

TOONAFISH

that is terrible. the hospital here is ok but same old story never a bed when you need it. anyway hoping not to have to go back there. thanks for replying much appreciated. rest of the family watching top gear!

just having a look round the site now trying to work it all out, looks good. hope to talk soon x

Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

Hi Toonafish and:welcome:

Sounds like you got alot going on:( but feel free to chat about how your feeling here!! hang in there, it sounds like you are doing really well to try and stay on top of things! everyone here is really supportive, so you sound off about anything when ever you need to!!:)

Angel;)

J

jamesdean

Hi toonafish dont be sorry that you need to express your feelings this is a very supportive forum and we all care about each other so keep posting any time you want to talk if it helps james

A

andymax76

Bless ya toonafish. On here, most know what a mental health problem is like, but we don't all have the same circumstances to deal with at the same time... and you have lots of circumstances there, so my heart goes out to ya.

But all things resolve with time one way or another... The challenge is to weather the storm.

You know you can do it.