• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Just need someone to talk to

G

Girl1991

So here it goes.
I'm new here but needed to speak to people that maybe understand.

Everything was " normal" shall we call it.. as normal as someones life could be.
I lived at home with my parents and then my dad fell Ill to cancer and sadly passed away around 5 years ago now.
The short end of the story.. I got kicked out and moved in with my bf. The only place I had to go..

I lost everything.. my home my family all in a short period of time.

Every relationship has its ups and downs but my boyfriend uses the fact that he knows I have no where to go as a way of bullying me.
And it's not "his fault I have no family or anywhere to go" his words exactly. And he used it against me when he goes out clubbing/ with his mates. And just leaves me at home as If I ever say anything he says pack your bags and go. I'll put all your things outside.
Within the last year too I fell pregnant. To which he wasnt happy with and made me get rid.
I had to go alone to the abortion as he has plans with his friends...
I know I'll just get called stupid or leave but I cant
I have no where to go and no one understands this.
I feel trapped and so so lonely and sad and just dont no where to turn to.
All he says to me is that I'm mental and need help and I know this is a very short explanation but I just dont know what to do and noone understands.

X

G

Girl1991

When I read this back I realised I've missed so much out as I didnt want to go on but..
I've also helped him with ALOT of money.. he just takes it for granted. And when I bring it up he just says.. dont use that against me never help me again..
And for special events.. I never get taken. He says he wants to spend them with his friends. Not me. And I just dont understand why. As everyone elses gfs go. And I'm stuck at home. I feel like an idiot. And when I say this to him. The reply is.. you dont control me. I'll do what I want. And not explain to me why all their gfs can go.. yet I'm not allowed

OrphanBlack

OrphanBlack

😔😔 This sounds like a tough situation. I know you say you have no-where to go, but your relationship with your bf sounds utterly toxic. Is there absolutely no-where else you can go?

G

Girl1991

😔😔 This sounds like a tough situation. I know you say you have no-where to go, but your relationship with your bf sounds utterly toxic. Is there absolutely no-where else you can go?
This is what people don't understand
Literally nowhere to go

OrphanBlack

OrphanBlack

I know it’s easier said than done, but you need to try and manufacture some kind of alternative accommodation

JellyFudge

JellyFudge

I'm not gonna try to force any advice that i think would be realistic and helpful, We can sympathize cause he's obviously an asshole and you're in a bad spot but, at least for me, I can't say anything meaningful without knowing you I would think and even then, idk...but at least I could listen if you're really just trying to talk about things or vent or whatever.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

If you honestly have nowhere to go. You need to start saving money until you can afford to go somwhere. Staying in this toxic relationship is gonna destroy your mental health.

G

Girl1991

It's very hard for me to save. I have some debt and all my spare money goes on paying that off each month:(
This is why I'm so stuck

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

I dont know where you are in the world. Do you get tax return ? You could use that as a down payment to get somewhere. Or just find a hotel that charges by month

T

thisisnotmylife

this sounds utterly awful. the only thing I can think of is to get a live in job somewhere, like in a hotel. You dont always need experience, it depends what job you go for.
To do this is usually easier during summer season but you can get a live in dorm/room and usually share with the other staff and he will never know where you are. you can go anywhere. I did it during my younger years in the Lake district and did housekeeping and waitressing.

I just googled it, here is a link to a jobsite which is an example of what I mean
Free Accommodation Live Jobs - December 2019 | Indeed.co.uk

This may or may not be an option for you, I really dont know but its just an idea as you get accommodation and a job at the same time and to escape from this situation. x