just need someone to help me figure out what’s wrong

danisara1

danisara1

Hi everyone
I’m kind of new to this but I was referred to it by a friend to try help me atleast talk about what’s been happening to me lately so I guess it’s worth a go.
Recently in the last month, my dog died, she was much loved for 11 years by me and my family but since her death I haven’t been able to eat properly or sleep, either I overeat to the point where I am sick or I don’t eat, and I either sleep all day or I don’t sleep at all.
I moved out of my house because I can’t bear to be there because she isn’t.
I’ve noticed to that since it all happened I’ve been having panic attacks every time I go out with friends or just in general and I’ve no idea why, it’s like I feel like everyone is staring at me and then I just can’t breathe.
My boyfriend thinks I should go see a doctor but I don’t want to incase anything is actually wrong because I don’t know how I’d be able to deal with it.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

:welcome: to the forum. Sorry about your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet you love! Please see a doctor. You're not eating right and that is bad for your health. Or you may not even need a doctor but rather a therapist instead. :hug:

danisara1

danisara1

I think everything has just kind of gotten on top of me and now I just feel snowed in by it all

antimatterTek

antimatterTek

Definitely go and see a therapist. You may have had this anxiety depression longer than you think. It maybe that just now - after a traumatic event like the loss of a loved one.

It could also be PTSD.

Go talk to someone and get your meals and sleep sorted.