Just moved in, need to meet my neighbours

A

appleton

Hello. New here. Have been on another forum since my son became ill with schizophrenia in early 2013. Have found it more helpful than I can put into words to connect with other carers and others living with mental illness as a way of feeling less like an alien since our lives changed so dramatically. Like to give as well as receive support - I believe in kindness and when times are hard it can be the one good thing in this world.
I am a problem-solver and quite feisty but I can feel vulnerable and lonely on this journey and there are times when I get very anxious and low. Music, photography, gardening, swimming, all keep me going.
My support comes from friends, not family. I take antidepressants and am determined to make life as good as it can be for myself and for my son.
My son is on meds and, day at a time, currently doing well.

V

Viktoria

Sorry to hear that your son suffers from schizophrenia and you from depression. You sound very understanding and caring so he can praise himself lucky with a parent like you. It's good to take things a day at a time.
I'm glad to hear you find support here on forums, sometimes it can be very helpful to get things off your chest and speak to people in a similar situation as yourself.
Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll find your way around.

Pierrot

Pierrot

Welcome Appleton!

I'm also a big believer in kindness :)

I'm sorry to hear about your son having to cope with schizophrenia, but glad to hear he's currently doing well.

My brother also suffers from schizophrenia. So I know it's very hard for people who have it. And that it's also not easy for the rest of the family. So it must be especially difficult for a mother (looking at my own mother).

I hope this forum can help you feel a bit less lonely on your journey.

And the ... 'Music, photography, gardening, swimming' ... It sounds like we could be friends in real life! :cheers:

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Hello and welcome to the forums