• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Just Joined - BPD?

S

splittingbxtch

Hey everyone, I'm very new here, literally found this forum last night and joined today. I'm hopefully in the process of getting diagnosed with BPD, and my symptoms are getting far worse. It's all happening very quickly and I feel I'm completely losing control. It's impacting my relationship very strongly as my boyfriend is my FP and I'm constantly splitting on him, and my academics are taking a pretty big hit as I just don't have the ability or motivation to focus on them.

Anyway, sorry for that little rant, just explaining why I'm here I guess and wondering if anyone relates. I'm hoping to feel validated here and learn how to manage myself in a healthy way, because the mental health services are so slow. Look forward to meeting you!

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. Its awful having that sense of being out of control isn't it? What have you been offered by way of help for your problems? There is a therapy designed originally specifically for people with BPD and that is DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) which helps with the problems immensely. Might be an idea to look into that. I hope others will be along soon but as its night here in the UK you might have to wait a little while for more responses.

S

splittingbxtch

:welcome: to the forum. Its awful having that sense of being out of control isn't it? What have you been offered by way of help for your problems? There is a therapy designed originally specifically for people with BPD and that is DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) which helps with the problems immensely. Might be an idea to look into that. I hope others will be along soon but as its night here in the UK you might have to wait a little while for more responses.
Hi, thank you! Yeah it's been really rough. I feel quite self-aware, which may not be as good as it seems on the surface, like I can recognise that the more control I get the more I'll crave, but I can't help trying to cling to it.

There unfortunately hasn't been much yet, I'm sure you know how services can be. DBT is an idea that's been floated, but I'm just waiting for referrals to places that may be able to diagnose me and help.

I appreciate this a lot! Thank you for the kind words and suggestions.

Z

ZechariahElijah

Hello! and welcome! I hope you find it helpful to be here. There are lots of people who can relate to what you are experiencing. Glad you joined us!

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello splittingbxtch, welcome to the forum.

S

splittingbxtch

Humanitee

Humanitee

:welcome: Hey there! Fellow borderline here. I can completely empathise with the feelings of being out of control. Know that you’re not alone and that there is help for you out there! (There are books available for your bf too, to help him understand and support you). Wishing you all the best of luck with getting your diagnosis.

miss_sensitivity

miss_sensitivity

:hi: hello and welcome. I relate to a lot of what you've said... hopefully you can have some answers soon and find yourself on the way to the help you need to manage xx

S

splittingbxtch

:welcome: Hey there! Fellow borderline here. I can completely empathise with the feelings of being out of control. Know that you’re not alone and that there is help for you out there! (There are books available for your bf too, to help him understand and support you). Wishing you all the best of luck with getting your diagnosis.
:hi: hello and welcome. I relate to a lot of what you've said... hopefully you can have some answers soon and find yourself on the way to the help you need to manage xx
Thank you so much to you both! I had a terrible experience with a doctor recently but I should be seeing a different one soon, so I may be getting closer to that diagnosis. Your messages come at a really good time because I've been feeling utterly hopeless lately. Thank you again! X

Humanitee

Humanitee

Thank you so much to you both! I had a terrible experience with a doctor recently but I should be seeing a different one soon, so I may be getting closer to that diagnosis. Your messages come at a really good time because I've been feeling utterly hopeless lately. Thank you again! X
No problem at all! I really had to push to get my diagnosis so I can imagine what you’re going through, it can be draining and frustrating. Getting the right doctor who is sympathetic is often the first step! I’m here if you want to chat further about the diagnosis process, or just want some support and a rant :cool:

miss_sensitivity

miss_sensitivity

It's good to hear you're going to see another doctor. It took me a long time to find a doctor and a therapist that I could work with. My first few therapists were..... terrible. I had such negative experiences that I basically gave up on help for a long time - no one told me to keep shopping around. I really hope the next GP you see is better aligned for you. In the meantime, there's a lot of support on the forum here ☺

S

SweetKitty

Hello I was just introduced to DBT and I'm still trying to understand haw it works. If I can make a suggestion, if you are choosing to be medicated having a genesight done is an important process to ensure you are given the pharmaceuticals which agree with your genetic makeup. I had one done and found out the medicine they previously had me on while in rehab called Abilify was actually causing me more damage because my genetic makeup doesn't agree with that drug.