• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just introducing myself

C

Crantock65

Hi everyone. I'm new here, been suffering with anxiety recently and just hoping some of you guys can help me on my road to recovery. Look forward to getting some ideas and tips of how to feel better. Got a small family so really looking forward to having another outlet to discuss my issues. Thanks

monopod

monopod

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey Crantock :welcome: to the forum! :)

I'm sure you'll find plenty of ideas, advice, and people who can share similar experiences with you. Dive in and have fun!

W

WELLAn63

Hi everyone! I am new to being on a forum of any kind and have suffered from emotional well being issues all of my adult life. I refrain from my label of bi polar which I do not find helpful. I read the book Soteria quite a few years back and have learnt about the wonderful Dr Loren Mosher and admire what he achieved. I would just love another Soteria to branch out here in the UK and my son actually found me a video on the internet of people living at Soteria house all of those years ago. Which I found inspiring. I hope to make friends here.

M

Mastiff mom

Welcome Crantock! Hope you find this forum supportive and helpful!

Gibson91

Gibson91

Hello WELLAn63 :welcome: :hug:
Haven't heard of Soteria before, it sounds interesting xx

W

WELLAn63

Hello Gibson91, Soteria was an amazing project done in the 1970's headed by psychiatrist Loren Mosher who thought to himself how do my patients fare on the ward when I am not with them and how do they really feel about being there? He opened a house in a run down residential area of California and it stayed open for 12 years I think until it run out of funds. They never forced their patients who were basically schizophrenic to take medication but it was used sometimes. Most of their patients went onto recover completely and the results they had were better or just as good as the ones they had in hospitals at that time. And I must say probably today. There is a Soteria project in Bradford today. Hope this explains.