• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just had the depot people round

F

firemonkee57

As I missed my depot last Thursday as I was waiting in for my new laptop. I didn't think they would be that bothered about it being a few days late.
They gave it to me in my bedroom .
I'm guessing they think it's important. I have my doubts due to the "I'm not mentally ill I'm just socially dysfunctional" thinking I get.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

well this must prove to you that you are ill xx im glad you had your depot ,of course its important! you would nt be on it at all if they thought you didnt need it xx

SarahD

SarahD

Does it bother you having a depot? Is it by agreement or CTO? Why wouldn't they wait a few days for you to go in?

Sorry if too many questions. Hope you are ok x

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
they used to ring the accomodation manager if i missed mine due to a bank holiday, telling me i had to go in NOW and get it, it wasn't even my fault it they didn't rearrange it when they new the next one was a bank holiday. I dunno what they thought I'd do if I didn't have it.

F

firemonkee57

Does it bother you having a depot? Is it by agreement or CTO? Why wouldn't they wait a few days for you to go in?

Sorry if too many questions. Hope you are ok x
The depot doesn't bother me in terms of it hurting me when they give it. I was put on it by agreement as I had a bad track record of remembering to take oral meds.
I have got a little worse for being a week or two late in having it over the last 6 months or so.
At one point they just said “Oh you’re late with it” but the previous time they came round and I went to the depot clinic the next day. This time they did it here in the flat.
I have no idea why they wouldn't wait especially as it doesn't completely leave your system until you've stopped taking it for quite a few weeks.