• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just had some terrible news

T

TOONAFISH

My dads cousin and his wife are really close with my parents and for years they have went on holiday etc and weekends. Im v close with their children.

She wasnt well last week and was told today she has cancer and has, at best, less than a year to live.

i was with my folks tonite when they got the phone call.

I am so upset about it all, upset for her, for her hubby, for her kids and grandkids, for my folks.

my sisters hubbys mum was also diagnosed today with cancer. dont know how bad yet.

It is so upsetting. i cant stop crying. that is two sets of people my age whos parents are seriously ill. it makes me think about my own parents and what i would do or rather what i will do when its their time to go.

its life i know, but how cruel. i just cant stop thinking how lucky i am. and yet so worried that i will get it too.

sorry to waffle, had to get it out.

i dont know if i should phone my friends today or leave it a couple of days till they get their heads round it.

i will say a prayer for them both tonite:cry::cry:

S

skyblue

My dads cousin and his wife are really close with my parents and for years they have went on holiday etc and weekends. Im v close with their children.

She wasnt well last week and was told today she has cancer and has, at best, less than a year to live.

i was with my folks tonite when they got the phone call.

I am so upset about it all, upset for her, for her hubby, for her kids and grandkids, for my folks.

my sisters hubbys mum was also diagnosed today with cancer. dont know how bad yet.

It is so upsetting. i cant stop crying. that is two sets of people my age whos parents are seriously ill. it makes me think about my own parents and what i would do or rather what i will do when its their time to go.

its life i know, but how cruel. i just cant stop thinking how lucky i am. and yet so worried that i will get it too.

sorry to waffle, had to get it out.

i dont know if i should phone my friends today or leave it a couple of days till they get their heads round it.

i will say a prayer for them both tonite:cry::cry:
Sorry to hear of this sad news Toona. Cancer's a terrifying illness. Afew people in my family have died from Cancer and afew have it now, one is terminal and it's so sad.

It also makes me think just how lucky I am too,.. and we are.

Thinking of you and your family.:flowers:

S

suki1066

i always think its best to let someone know they are being thourght of, wether good times or bad, so maybe if you dont normally telephone them or go round to thier house, maybe send a nice card to say how sorry you are to hear the news and you are thinking of them. ive often sent flowers with the simple message" thinking of you, love jane".... showing you care when someone is going through shit, does help them, it would you wouldnt it. and it is a normal reaction when someone close/ or the same age either dies or is diagnosed to comtemplate our own mortality and that of our parents, its a reminder i suppose.....but so are experiencing the good things in life, telling ppl they are cared about in life is far better than wishing you had xxx

T

TOONAFISH

thanks you guys.

i spoke to the womans daughter and son today. they are devastated obviously. i feel better having talked to them, think i will go round with some flowers tmrw. had my counselling session today so managed to offload there. life is tough. the counsellor said the same that it is normall to think of our own mortality and others around us.

thanks for you replies