• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Just had a bashing by a user. Feeling a bit upset.

F

Fancyharm

I have just had a bashing by a user and I am feeling a bit upset. Typing this and being on here makes me feel like I am not alone with it.

It comes to something when I have been bashed for staying at home to apply for jobs, when I haven't got a job.

The user wanted me to visit them in hospital after their plastic surgery and demanded I take chocolates. When I said I was suffering from a headache and I had found loads of jobs online to apply for he has gone nuts and put the phone down on me!

Seriously, this is not the only thing that went on in the conversation, but it has just made me feel rubbish. How can anyone be like that. I have had loads of hospital appointments and this person has never even bothered to ask how I have got on.

L

Little-Loss-Soul2

I have just had a bashing by a user and I am feeling a bit upset. Typing this and being on here makes me feel like I am not alone with it.

It comes to something when I have been bashed for staying at home to apply for jobs, when I haven't got a job.

The user wanted me to visit them in hospital after their plastic surgery and demanded I take chocolates. When I said I was suffering from a headache and I had found loads of jobs online to apply for he has gone nuts and put the phone down on me!

Seriously, this is not the only thing that went on in the conversation, but it has just made me feel rubbish. How can anyone be like that. I have had loads of hospital appointments and this person has never even bothered to ask how I have got on.

People hurt people. Realize they are going through stuff too. I feel you should be around supportive people at this time. maybe take a break from that "user" or friend for now. best of luck. :peace:

D

Dulcie

I'm sorry you feel so unfairly victimised, but you should protect yourself against 'users', and one way is breaking contact and, if the problem relates to the forum, to use the Ignore option.

If you have any further problems, I daresay contact a staff member for advice. There is no need for you to remain feeling this way. We are what we are, and do what needs doing on the day. Keep your head up and remember you have friends here. :)

F

Fancyharm

Yes. I should protect myself you are right.

And this is a first step. I knew it would turn sour when I didn't respond to his every desire. It has ruined any contact I have with my cousin as this user is his partner (although my cousin hasn't commented at all yet!). But I had to stand up for myself no matter what.

I have learned that it is even better to lose something than be used.

Unfortunately, I have some items to return, I don't know how to go about it.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i thought the term user had died i hate it they called my last girlfriend a user because she uses people god knows if she's mentally ill