• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just had 2 outbursts at an office and keyworker( not my nice keyworker a different one) and someone at the office she works in.

S

Syelix30

So I can’t go into too much detail about this because it’s quite personal and branches out on too many categories but I really feel my keyworker at this unamed place I attend is so dam ignorant and really has no concept of mental health and dual diagnosis’. We just don’t jell and I just went from 0 to 100( I have really bad emotional/angry outburst as a result from my bpd). She thinks want empathy, no I don’t I just don’t think she is right for her job role at all. And I told her that. When I get like that I literally feel like a black out for a moment and I will just say( maybe scream) exactly what I think of you and that entire ridiculous situation that YOU created due to your lack plus ignorance knowledge of mental health. I just cut the phone off to end the stressful not needed confrontation in the first place.
Moral of the story(find a nice understanding keyworker, I’ve requested to change mine.) So done.

P

Purpleplum

Here's how to stop yourself from doing that again:

Realize that when they get off the phone they will be telling others about some mental wacko (their words) they just had to deal with on the phone.

Don't give them the satisfaction of doing that. Try to stay cool.

S

Syelix30

Here's how to stop yourself from doing that again:

Realize that when they get off the phone they will be telling others about some mental wacko (their words) they just had to deal with on the phone.

Don't give them the satisfaction of doing that. Try to stay cool.
Thank you and very true. I love the bluntness

C

celticlass

Now it can be argued when any one of us go off the deep end as you say you have done, we need to look inside to identify why that happened. And I do mean all of us. It goes without saying that something went wrong in this section of communication between the two of you. She is no doubt feeling it too, although of course hers was an interaction from a professional perspective. No doubt she will have to talk that through in her supervision and she will do. Had it been me I would be wondering if I had held to best practice throughout the conversation. Also thinking about what might have been going through my mind in terms of personal issues that could have made me handle your query/concern or whatever appropriately. It is about how WHAT comes out of our mouths impacts adversely on another human being - because it can. I am not just talking about your worker here but also about you. I hope you get it sorted out.

S

Syelix30

Yes this is something I learnt briefly at mbt sessions( mentalisation sessions) I believe it was called, where you should take a step back and analyse your thoughts before reacting.
But sadly I find this very difficult. But I’m definitely willing to work on it. For people that are worth it at least.
Thank you also for being so very blunt, I really appreciate it because it’s hard sometimes to see outside the box you’ve created for yourself and others.
Many thanks x

C

celticlass

Yes this is something I learnt briefly at mbt sessions( mentalisation sessions) I believe it was called, where you should take a step back and analyse your thoughts before reacting.
But sadly I find this very difficult. But I’m definitely willing to work on it. For people that are worth it at least.
Thank you also for being so very blunt, I really appreciate it because it’s hard sometimes to see outside the box you’ve created for yourself and others.
Many thanks x
Apologies. Not my intention to be blunt. I sometimes find actual conversations harder these days largely due to nobody to talk to and anxiety. If I have an important phone call to make I will plan out the points I want to make and the questions I want answers to. This is also because I do have some damage in my brain which makes me lose the direction of the conversation. Yes though - I can be to the point to the point of bluntness ha!