• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just got the brown envelope of doom, HELP

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm about to lose everything.

I just got a letter about my support allowance to say that it will be stopped which is a very late letter to say that my medical certificate has run out and that I need to send a new one by September 4th or a letter from my GP who are useless. I don't know what I'm going to do now.

Alice Raven

Alice Raven

Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Can you get some kind of deferment since it was late to begin with? I'm hoping for the best for you.

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

Hello, im really sorry, that is really stressful

My friend had his PIP stopped, i gave him the number of the Citizens advice bureau , they were fantastic, the lady rang the DWP and explained, and also wrote a letter out for him, he had it reinstated very quickly ,
can you contact them, as well as your gp, maybe they could work together to help you

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Can you get some kind of deferment since it was late to begin with? I'm hoping for the best for you.
Probably not. Its very unlikely. The DWP are aiming to get as many people off benefits as possible.

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello, im really sorry, that is really stressful

My friend had his PIP stopped, i gave him the number of the Citizens advice bureau , they were fantastic, the lady rang the DWP and explained, and also wrote a letter out for him, he had it reinstated very quickly ,
can you contact them, as well as your gp, maybe they could work together to help you
I will try Citizens Advice on Monday first thing, I'm really hoping they can help and don't end up getting an automated message to go online just to get nowhere. Here in London they will be very busy plus the covid 19 stuff will make things very hard but I will do all I can. In the mean time I'm going to start selling all my possessions as I'm going to need money to live and I'll probably end being evicted for rent arrears if housing benefit is affected which I'm assuming it will be.

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Its not easy to get an appointment with CAB, these days they try get rid of you rather than helping.

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I might have to do something drastic to try get help because the longer its left the worse its going to be.

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I just read that my housing benefit and council benefit will stop as well so I'm pretty screwed.

N

natalie

I am very sorry to read this.

Either on line, through a central office, adn you will then be signposted, or in person, I would try to arrange for a benefits who deals with applicants for benefits claimants, advisor, if they still exist, and they should put you into the rright direction. It is a benefits advisor you need to talk to, in this instance.

I wish you well.

N

NoOne5

Oh no. How horrible. I am so sorry. I hope everything works out for you honey. Please keep us posted. :hug: :hug:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Can you ask for a reconsideration, while that is happening. Try writing to your GP and explain how unwell you still are and you need a medical note.
Please do fight this, I know how hard it must seem. We are here to support you as well.
Take care

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi,
Can you ask for a reconsideration, while that is happening. Try writing to your GP and explain how unwell you still are and you need a medical note.
Please do fight this, I know how hard it must seem. We are here to support you as well.
Take care
I will try, I;m going to phone them Monday, I'll be making a lot of calls on Monday but I have a feeling that I'll be put on hold and will have to keep trying. Iget the impression that the DWP are evil.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Just send a new med certificate

N

NoOne5

I will try, I;m going to phone them Monday, I'll be making a lot of calls on Monday but I have a feeling that I'll be put on hold and will have to keep trying. Iget the impression that the DWP are evil.
:hug: :hug: