• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just got prescribed GABApentin need info please

S

supremekai123

i take an snri and i take 1.5 mg of klonopin a day but i still have very bad anxiety and depression. ive heard GABApentin being a safer alternative for anxiety because it doesnt bind to the gaba receptors in as much of an addictive way as benzos do. ive been taking 200mg 3 times a day of it but i dont notice any affect?? ive only been on it 4 days now. is it suppose to work instantly?? or does it take 2 weeks to build up in your system?? as well ive heard that 3000mg is a safe dose and thats what it takes sometimes to help people with there anxiety. please share your experience with this drug for depression or anxiety. need more info i dont want to just give up on it without giving it a proper chance. please help

D

Deleted member 91323

It can take up to 6 weeks for medication to kick in. I would wait until then to see if it has had any effect.

S

supremekai123

i know antidepressants can take that long but gabapentin? i dont think it acts in the same time frame as them

D

Deleted member 91323

I just looked it up and it says it should work for anxiety within 3 weeks.