• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

just gone mad on myselh

M

mickeymoo

i was feeling so angry and i just strarting slashing at myself i have never done it before but i was so angry some are deep and im in a real mess

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mickeymoo

i think probably most superficial the one on my leg is the deepest and its about 3 mls think they r all stopping bleeding now though but ivenever done this b4

emski

emski

if they are superficial and aren't continuing to bleed, then it sounds like there might not be a need for sutures. if you don't usually self harm, then this doesn't mean that you are going to start regularly self harming. i'm not a regular self harmer, but i have bouts when i am feeling really physically agitated and mixed in my thoughts and emotions. try not to worry

M

mickeymoo

ok thanks, i will have a shower soon so i can see what ive done. the mood i was in has passed but it quite scared me that i did it,

I have a 1st appt with a psychiatrist on thur so the timing is awful!

M

mickeymoo

been a couple of hours now and one is still bleeding its quite deep in my leg but im sure it will be fine. I dont want to tell my psychiatrist though incase he views it that im a danger to myself and tries to get me sectioned

X

xpurplexamyx

Do you have any anti-septic wipes and wound dressing? If it's deep, the most important thing is to make sure it is properly dressed and compressed to stop the bleeding, and keep it free of infection. If in doubt, go to A&E; they'll be able to dress it properly for you.

emski

emski

If its still bleeding now it might need dressing properly or could need steri strips (a&e). if you are worried about the wound at all, mickeymoo, then get it checked out. i am glad the feeling has passed though. i doubt your psychiatrist would section you for that even if you told them.

A

Affective

I suggest you go hospital if it's really deep. Also to get it cleaned out and stitched.

S

suzy

GET YOURSELF TO THE HOSPITAL IF THEY ARE DEEP

Why would you do this to yourself

M

mickeymoo

I didnt come on here to justify why I did it and I am sure there are others on here that self harm.

I was at breaking point ad I snapped. I just couldn't cope at the time

M

mad as a hatter

ur quite right u shouldn,t have 2 justify ur self i,m feeling the same myself trying not 2 do ne self 2 nite and nobody got the right 2 judge u other wise and hope u r ok 2 nite tk care

S

skyblue

Hi Mickey,

How are you now ? I hope your cuts are better today.:hug:

Not too much longer for your Psychiatrist appointment.

I hope it goes well for you.

Look after yourself Mickey :flowers:

M

mickeymoo

Thanks for kind replies.

Yes, only a few days to go! Feeling quite wound up about it. Just got an awful lot of stuff going on in my head and my life at the moment. But who hasn't.!

I feel a lot calmer today. Yesterday I just actually felt myself snap./ It was a feeling I've never had before and never hope to have again. I really hate what I have done.

My cuts are fine. The one on my leg is a bit weepy still but will be ok. They hurt like hell today though but I suppose they would!

Should I mention it to the shrink on thurs or leave it for another time. I know I am hypomanic at the moment and I just don't want to bombard him with all the stuff and end up getting sectioned. As (I HOPE) it was a one off and wont happen again maybe its not important anyway.

Also, if I get assigned a crises team for a daily visit I am actually staying about 15miles away with my ex husband at the moment and not at home. Will they expect me to go home? I just feel better off staying with someone at the moment. Especially after last night

S

skyblue

Should I mention it to the shrink on thurs or leave it for another time. I know I am hypomanic at the moment and I just don't want to bombard him with all the stuff and end up getting sectioned. As (I HOPE) it was a one off and wont happen again maybe its not important anyway.

Also, if I get assigned a crises team for a daily visit I am actually staying about 15miles away with my ex husband at the moment and not at home. Will they expect me to go home? I just feel better off staying with someone at the moment. Especially after last night
Hi Mickey,

I think you should mention the cuts to the Psychiatrist and you shouldn't feel ashamed. It's quite common for people to do this during hypomania. I have done it before, to try and get rid of the extreme overwhelming feelings and irritability.
I very much doubt the Psychiatrist will section you for this. I'd expect they'd get you assigned to the Crisis Team, as you say.

I really don't know how things will work regarding you not being at home, you could discuss this with them and see what they say. I'm sure they'll understand the reasons as to why you're staying with your ex, but I doubt very much they'll travel out 15miles from the area to see you. I'd expect they'd want to see you in the area, but you'll have to talk to them.

I'm glad you're feeling alittle better than yesterday.

Look after yourself Mickey. :flowers: