• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just feel so unwell

T

TRjames

Hi everyone, I'm a 22 year old male who has suffered from Depression, Anxiety and OCD for the past 5 years. I have also recently been diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, my doctor has got me on Seroquel 300mg. To be honest with you i do not agree one bit with the diagnoses. I do suffer from deep deep depression and then manic highs but i do not here or see things, the only stuff i get that my doc belives is psycosis is really bad derealisation and objets around me seem to be floating and everything around me seems as though it is a painting or is fake like plastic...
Anyway that a little about me, on the other hand im just not coping at the moment, I'm so so depressed and out of it i cant really take care of myself, I'm not eating were as i used to love food, i sit and stare into space for up to and hour, and stuff that is happening around me is not making any sence. Im becoming very internal, what i mean by this is that i cant have coversations with anyone because im so confused i jummble my words, so the only person i talk to is myself inside my head. Typing this has almost taken me 40 min.... My body does not feel like it is mine, i feel as though im trapped in another body, i feel like im floating, my lap top screen seams as though it is a liquid with ripples running through it, what should i do because with everyday that passes a little piece of who i am or who i should be has died. Please any advice would help.... Thanks for reading my post.

S

starfish

dolores

what sort of health care do you have in australia?we have the nhs in britain so dont have to pay. i think you are several hours ahead of us here. do you live alone? or do you live with someone? from what you say, i feel that you need urgent medical help. try and get some, or get someone who understands to get help for you.:grouphug:

T

TRjames

Thanks for you reply dolores, our health care in Australia is pretty good all my doc visits are free, but the problem is im sick of going there and all my doc says is, thats no good and then just ups my medication.. All i keep doing is going around in circles with these people. It's getting to the point where im going to just give up on the health care systom. In my eyes i believe i need to be in hospital for further assesment, but then my mind gets almost what you would call the guilts and says your fine there in nothing wrong with you, pluss im to scared to go to hospital.. I just don't know what to do, I just want it all to end.

R

rasselas

hiya bruce!

ive read some amazing reports of your system... but as you know to your cost, its nevertheless a psychaitric one.

isn't there some way you could organise a safe break, say with a friend, away from the hullabaloo, just away and feeling free and relaxed, just for a while to get your batteries recharged?

T

TRjames

Hi everyone, i went in to see my case manager yesterday and once again i left feeling the same, when i came home to my parents i just broke down, ive just had enough of going around and around in circles and nothing is been done. Good news is my parents have private health cover and i will be put into a private psyciatric hospital for propper assesment and support, which i need right now, I just want to say thank you for all your support and having this website is a wonderfull thing, god bless you all and i will keep in touch :grouphug: