• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just feel so down today

P

prettywoman

:(Hi All,
Ive just got such an overwhelming feeling of total despair and panic. Havnt slept properly in weeks now. Everytime i shut my eyes i get this rush of thoughts, usually unhappy ones but bizarre at the same time, ranging from seeing my car go over a cliff to seeing my cat in the washing machine. Theres no logic in these thoughts but they are there constantly. Im still waiting for appt with psychiatrist, so havnt got a diagnosis as yet. I am still able to hold down my job and to be honest funtion in that area really well, i just dont understand it. Does anyone else feel like that?

Im going to try and go for a long walk, and maybe push myself to go to the gym and see if that helps.

:cry:

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Personally I have found a connection between when I struggle with sleep and how it really effects my moods. It may be worth you popping along to your GP to ask for some sleeping tablets to get some temporary relief whilst your waiting for your MH assessment.

I hope things get better for you soon as it's horrid not being able to sleep.:grouphug:

T

TOONAFISH

:hug: hope you managed to get out for a walk or the gym. it does help a wee bit.

x

P

prettywoman

Thanks both, i walked 4.6miles and went to the gym, so hoping to at least relax in bed, even if sleep still evades me!

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi PW, sorry to read your sleep is a problem, I experience exactly the same:(

Have you tried having a slightly milky drink/biscuit or a banana about half hour before you go to bed. Somtimes hunger although we do not always recognise it, can be one of the reasons we do not sleep for very long!

Give it a go and see if it helps. Sweet dreams :flowers: