Just feel empty and lost

J

Justarandomuser

Hi all, i’m a 21 male and still living with my parents and my BF recently broke up with me which gave me the brilliant opportunity to experience pretty bad anxiety and depression for about a month, since then it’s been mild with it’s common spike every now and then. We were together for a year and a bit and we was pretty perfect together, never had a fight, loved each other and talked about the future a lot, so the sudden break up was an unexpected shock. He said he didn’t love me anymore and wanted to be single again as he felt he never got to be free and single in his life (pathetic excuse imo) so me and his family don’t really know why he did what he did. We left on good terms which made things worse mentally, would have been better if he cheated on me or something so I could at least move on easier. Anyway after 2 months he has decided to text me to catch up and is now interacting with my social media so it’s set off my anxiety again.

This depression has basically made me quite and empty, no reason to be happy and my parents try to help but I feel like I don’t want to talk to them, however I can easily talk and feel happier around my friends. I’ve always had a good relationship with my family and they are there for me always so why would I feel like this? I can be happy around them every now and then but most of the time I’m not so I just leave the house to get away most days. It’s hurting my relationship with them and I just feel so selfish. Does anyone else feel the same?

M

Missingconnection

I havent experianced exactly the same but i was in a relationship where my SO realized she never really had feelings which hurt big time because i was so invested in her. Its like a big ass rejection and hurts alot. To be honest me and this person ended up staying friends but im unsure if it was a good thing or not since i still have feelings and sometimes its too painful to deal with and i shut down. I can understand where your coming from. Also the part about not wanting to be around family i completely relate to.

J

Justarandomuser

Well, today has been one of the worst since the break up. Woke up to a horrible dream about my ex and it’s put me so down all day, to the point where I started crying for the first time since the breakup. I miss him so much 😞, like I can’t find anyone else on the dating sites that are anywhere as half decent than him. I really hope he comes back soon as I can’t be happy anymore.

J

Justarandomuser

Almost 3 months has passed and I’m not improving much. I’ve met a couple of guys now but don’t like them and it’s making me feel so lonely. I can’t stop thinking about my ex, every little thing reminds me of him 😩 I have come to realise that he can’t be replaced. I’m considering seeing a doctor to hopefully try some medication, no clue if it’ll work though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 18
I Depression Forum 38
O Depression Forum 13
C Depression Forum 4
D Depression Forum 2