• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

just diagnosed!!

ali

ali

Hello everyone, this is my first post and i just need to speak to someone who doesnt think i am a complete nutcast which everyone else does. I have just been diagnosed with manic depression/schizophinia. My own parents called the hospital yesterday and they came and got me in an ambulance. My son is the only person I will/can listen to but he is only 11 years old and i am wreaking his life...

Can anyone see the end of the tunnel on their journey? how long will it be before i reach mine?

D

Dollit

Each of us has an individual journey and it's also very personal. I think if you have just been diagnosed the best thing to concentrate on now is what that means and what medication, if any, are being prescribed. And remember you will never know all the answers and nor are you expected to.

herbie

herbie

When I got diagnosed it was almost a relief, just to be able to put a name to what I was feeling. It definitely felt like a step forward although it was really just the first tiny step on what I imagine will be a very long and hard journey. A year later I'm still in the stage of juggling meds, trying to find what works. But I am better than I was a year ago, for certain.

P

piggy

hi my name is piggy

i have bi polar i have had it apparently for a long time but was only diagnosed with it 4 years ago it did take some time to sort out my meds but now i am so much better i just used to have this dark cloud over me did not want to get out of bed , wash,go out nothing but now i have done 2 learn direct courses on in maths on in English and got city and guilds and am now thinking of doing an open university course I'm 47 but need input to keep my days from becoming boring again,I'm going for an interview at the local hospital radio station as a volunteer so how knows what the future holds all i know is i hope that i don't end up like i did 4 years ago i enjoy life to the full with my girlfriend and my kids life is for living I'm a firm believer of that i haven't always but what I'm trying to say is yes it does get better but hang on in there and keep taking the bonkers tabs it worked for me keep going it will get better piggy(y)