Just diagnosed

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

Today I was diagnosed with agoraphobia (along with the severe anxiety I knew about, major depression and another new one of obsessive thoughts)

It was good to get diagnosed, was fairly sure this would be the case. I what wasn’t good was pretty much being told “Suck it up buttercup” and to get over it myself. The increased meds for the other issues may well help this, but I don’t know it just seemed kind of like they brushed it aside

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
OMG, I got a real scare shortly after we moved here and it resulted in agorophobia. I could sit there and have a panic attack just thinking about the door opening. I no longer felt safe. It pisses me off as I used to be an adventurer and loved to go and do, but here I was not wanting to step foot out of the house for anything. For awhile I agreed to go to group counseling. I did that and only that and we couldn't stop to put gas in the car or anything...I would just plead please get me home right away. I quit the counseling, I wasn't getting anything from it. My neighbors figured out that I was odd and did not want visitors. I did find a great pdr and went readily for those appointments. My husband is so patient! Gradually I found things I was interested in enough to go out for a bit. I like the home improvement store. Then he started a flower garden for me and I could go to the outdoor flower sections of stores easily. Still wouldn't work in the garden because I felt too exposed. Then I liked to go out to eat at the buffet. I still won't go to the grocery store. I shop online. And now, I have taken a big step and commitment to go to college to study one class that I love. I have trouble going sometimes and have had absences. I am not over it, but I am very slowly getting better. I had to find things that I loved. This has been very gradual and I still will barely go out but something makes me feel that it is going to keep getting better. one baby step at a time. best wishes! I really want to be invisible so I can go anywhere lol and still have my complete privacy. I am a work in progress but for me it is getting better.