Just diagnosed

D

Danzo

So just got out the psych ward. Had a brief visit for mania. Whilst I was there the doctor diagnosed me with BDP to add to my list. I must admit it makes sense to me now. Its the final piece of the jigsaw.

So any advice from you guys here? Anything that helped you with this? Any online resources you can point me too?

I'm a big believer in educating myself on my disorders, thats always my best advice I give too others.

Thanks.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Look up DBT Dialectical behavioral Therapy - it was originally created with BPD in mind. There are 4 core structures they hone in on, but Mindfulness is the number one. Worth a look and better yet ask about your area for anyone doing it, its really good therapy. I am diagnosed bipolar and did it and thought it was brilliant.

P

Pairou

What helped me when I was diagnosed was the DBT Workbook. It's got a green cover, not sure of the authors. I've lost my copy and have been thinking of buying it again.

D

Danzo

Thanks Pairou.

Has the therapy done anything for you at all?

P

Pairou

The mindfulness part helped a lot. I learned how to identify my emotions and triggers and how to focus on different things. Never did dbt with an actual therapist though.

Deadheading

Deadheading

I was only diagnosed last month, and my psychiatrist referred me to a DBT program as part of my outpatient recovery. However, I don't think I'll be around to make it to my first session.

D

Danzo

I truly hope you are deadheading. Be the most stubborn fucking bastard on this earth.

Never give up!!