• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just diagnosed, feel so alone

AvadaKedavra15

AvadaKedavra15

Hi, I've just been diagnosed with BPD and I don't know how I feel about it. I've always felt alone when battling my depression and anxiety but now I feel even more alone. I daren't tell people in case they judge me and I don't think my parents understand it. I feel like more of a burden than I ever have and I don't know how I'm going to manage my life never mind my job. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks, AvadaKedavra15

O

Orphanannie89

Keep talking to us my love. You are not alone. It is tough but we are always here to listen. Xx

O

Orphanannie89

It does. You dont feel as isolated plus you can read some of the posts and think that is exactly how I feel and it can be of some comfort. Xx

AvadaKedavra15

AvadaKedavra15

That's good, I feel so alone right now especially with everything that is going on and I hate the thought of being a burden x

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
I felt horrible when I was diagnosed. My personality is me and now its "disordered"!. Very alone with it.
m

O

Orphanannie89

I understand where you are coming from but you are not a burden. You are allowed to feel how you feel and nobody can tell you otherwise because they are not you. Just put how you feel it will never be judged and you will never be seen as a burden. It is the BPD telling you that xx

L

Lostlady333

Hi, I've just been diagnosed with BPD and I don't know how I feel about it. I've always felt alone when battling my depression and anxiety but now I feel even more alone. I daren't tell people in case they judge me and I don't think my parents understand it. I feel like more of a burden than I ever have and I don't know how I'm going to manage my life never mind my job. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks, AvadaKedavra15
I’m so sorry that you feel so alone honey. Personally when I was diagnosed with bpd I was a bit relieved because I knew I was different and always wondered why?? It is truly hard to live with, and I hope you are getting the right meds and therapy. We are always here to listen. Never feel alone.

HLon99

HLon99

You're not alone, there are plenty of people in this forum that are ready and willing to help and support you! Although it may feel isolating at the start to be diagnosed with something that no one in your immeadiate social circle struggles with, it does get better. In time, you will learn to manage your condition better, and you will be a stronger person for it.

One thing that I strongly recommend is tell your parents. I hid my illness from my parents for the better part of a year and during that time my condition worsened day by day and I didn't get the help I needed for a long time. I'm better now, and I freely discuss with my family about the struggles that I am going through. Even if they can't fully understand what your going through they will help and support you. Family is all we have in the end.

B

Blackwolf

Hi there, i have bpd, depression and anxiety. Also felt very alone most my life. Closest people in my life know about my struggle. Im not keeping it secret but not always saying much about it either. Im who im, working on myself and i think i dont have to be ashamed of my illness.

C

Chance87

Hi! I was diagnosed a few months ago and I've felt the same way. I feel better now that I found this forum, but it's still isolating. I also feel afraid to tell anyone for fear of judgement

A

AAAAA

i feel so good that you’ve been diagnosed. You’re now in a position to get the right help. (y)

A

aero89

@AvadaKedavra15 i have felt similar to you. In november the psychiatrist re-diagnosed me with BPD after speaking on the phone for 30mins. They had never met or spoken to me before. I think it can be really isolating to get a diagnosis and this is when other support is important.

AvadaKedavra15

AvadaKedavra15

Thank you all for your kind words it means a lot to have people who understand