Just Constantly Sad and regreting about my life

G

gardy

Hi guys,
Well first of all, i am totally new in all about this mental health situation. I realy need opinion from someone else. I am a college student, and i used to be a perfect model student from elementary to highschool. Then the situation changed in college. At first year, i was still excited untill suddenly i got pretty serious vertigo. This vertigo made me constantly absent from my class, and of course i couldn't interact well with my classmates. So, when i came back, i got in very awkward situation. Plus, i couldn't find someone who had similar ambition and hobby like me (i like to write and courious about everything.

From then, nobody want to talk to me. So, i started to looking for friend in another places. Luckily i could find my bestfriend, but because of it , it made me more uncomfortable with my own faculty. I have tried to forget about those feelings by writting some papers and submited it to international forum. But, those activities just pushed me away further from my faculty activities.

On the other hand, about one year ago my sister got pregnant before married and she was just 17 at the moment. Meanwhile when those happened,my mom's economy condition wasn't quiet well. sO, since last year, i got my first part time job without my mom's concern. I tried to not asking my mom for tuition fee. So i lived miserably with some anxiety to go to my own faculty.
The result is now, i have failed to pass many classes and of course have to repeat some classes. Aand here iam on my 9th semester,hasn't graduated yet. I also constantly sad and regretting all of my decision. I regret to go to college far away from home. If i choosed college in my province, i could have accompanied my mom and helped her to go through all of this situation. Maybe i could maintain my positition as "perfect model student".

when i told everyone about this, they always say "just focus on your study and graduate for your mom". Well, i know i must do it. But negativity,regret,sadness,depression,and anxiety keep coming to my mind.

well i need your opinion , iam sorry for my looong looong story :low:

O

Last edited:
B

Butterfly32

Hi hun. When we're growing up we feel obliged to listen to those 'better than ourselves', hense the focus on getting good grades/qualifications. As we get older we realize life ain't that simple, otherwise we would be able to get straight A's.

Try to spend time finding who you are, maybe get into meditation to help you cope with the myriad regrets that unfortunately we accumulate when struggling to find ourselves. Life's a journey.

Try to find what makes you tick, what interests, inspires, and gives you that spark. It's there somewhere in you, you just need to give yourself the chance to find it through self-discovery, self-compassion; basically discovering who you are + who you wanna be.

I'm learning to be my own best friend, learning to like who I really am. It's the most liberating thing when you find the strength inside of you to just BE.....then the rest will follow - trust yourself.

Awesome not Perfect.jpg

Last edited:
G

gardy

OMG...your words gonna make me cry..it's absolutely beautiful