• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Just come out of hospital and need support to move forward

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi, :welcome: to the forum, I hope you feel better soon X this is a safe sharing space X

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

You can start a thread in a topic that you feel is most important at the moment to you and you will (hopefully) get replies from others X

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I'd also recommend reading the forum rules and watching the how to use the forum video found to the main page under forum information X

claude

claude

welcome to the forum! :)

I hope you are doing ok, it is really difficult adjusting to normal life after a hospital admission. I always went through phases of having panic attacks after being released. Be kind to yourself for the next wee while, make sure you get lots of sleep and are eating ok. And try and do gentle relaxing things like go for walks or yoga if you are able. Listening to music and watching films and box sets can also be good for calming the nerves.

I hope you feel better soon!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya
Just start a thread in an area you feel comfortable in and talk a little about yourself. Use paragraphs as walls of text are hard to read. People will respond to you eventually I am sure. Then you can continue the conversation with them.

I know how hard it is to come out of hospital and start out in real life again. Take it slow and easy and don't expect too much of yourself initially. Do you have support from the MH services?

whiteflags330

whiteflags330

:welcome: I hope you feel better soon! This place is a safe place and everyone is very helpful :)

61Nursery

61Nursery

Hiya
Just start a thread in an area you feel comfortable in and talk a little about yourself. Use paragraphs as walls of text are hard to read. People will respond to you eventually I am sure. Then you can continue the conversation with them.

I know how hard it is to come out of hospital and start out in real life again. Take it slow and easy and don't expect too much of yourself initially. Do you have support from the MH services?
I do but find that unless you are really in the edge, they don’t really bother. I fell guilty for taking a few days off work and feel as it iv let everyone and including myself down. And now I’m really scared to face the world.

calypso

calypso

Admin
People vary in the number of replies they give according to who is on here. I am sorry you haven't had replies. I will look for your threads and see what I can do.

As for taking time off work, having a MH problem is an "illness" the same as everyone else with physical illnesses. Don't be worried about that and you are entitled to time off to get your head together.

Its scary coming out of hospital. Its a bubble of safety you have been in and now you are back in the real world it can be overwhelming. Are you getting any support from the community MH people? They should be following up on you. Ask for help from them and don't feel you are wasting their time or anything, you need that help.

61Nursery

61Nursery

People vary in the number of replies they give according to who is on here. I am sorry you haven't had replies. I will look for your threads and see what I can do.

As for taking time off work, having a MH problem is an "illness" the same as everyone else with physical illnesses. Don't be worried about that and you are entitled to time off to get your head together.

Its scary coming out of hospital. Its a bubble of safety you have been in and now you are back in the real world it can be overwhelming. Are you getting any support from the community MH people? They should be following up on you. Ask for help from them and don't feel you are wasting their time or anything, you need that help.
Sorry for the late reply, I just felt a bit let down! Is there any conversation I can join that might help me?

Victorianna

Victorianna

Hi, how are you doing today? I’ve never been hospitalized, so I don’t know much about that, but I’m here for support if you need it, or just want to talk.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Sorry for the late reply, I just felt a bit let down! Is there any conversation I can join that might help me?
Hi,
Please feel free to join in any threads, it might help interacting with others.
The chill out section is good.
I've been hospitalised so do understand.
Hope you feel better soon.
Take care