• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just broke my binge/emotional eating streak and I feel angry and sad with myself.

• Thread starter dabearwiffdasammich
  • Start date
D

demeter

It happens to me all the time. But 2 weeks ago I've decided to start intermittent fasting and I can honestly say that it works for me. I do 16:8 window, which means I can eat in that 8 hour period and I fast for 16 hours. You should look it up because it seems to have a lot of benefits for your health and it helps you control your appetite by regulating hormones e.g. insulin, grelin.

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

It happens to me all the time. But 2 weeks ago I've decided to start intermittent fasting and I can honestly say that it works for me. I do 16:8 window, which means I can eat in that 8 hour period and I fast for 16 hours. You should look it up because it seems to have a lot of benefits for your health and it helps you control your appetite by regulating hormones e.g. insulin, grelin.
That's absolutely horrible. 12 hours after you eat you go into starvation mode.

From Healthline
Once the body hasn’t had access to food for 8 to 12 hours, your glucose storage is depleted. Your body will begin to convert glycogen from your liver and muscles into glucose.

I'll go days without eating because of my eating disorder and the longest was weeks without food. 16:8 would be horrible for me. I have to try to eat something for each meal.