• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

just been diagnosed

U

unique86

hi so ive just been diagnosed with amotional unstable personalty disorder
and was told i will be doing dbt i think its called
anyway as anyone found this helpful who has had childhood trauma?
thankyou

G

Golden

Unique is a great name. You are unique and never forget that. I'm sorry to hear of your abusive childhood. I hope you find a way to leave that hurt in the past one day and that dbt helps you get there. I've no personal experience of what you've been through nor dbt but I have been through horrible times and know how they make you feel. You will have good and bad days so make sure you make the most of the good ones. Don't hide away when you are low but get outside and be with others. That helps me.

With much love.
Golden

P

precisionclear

You and I have the same birth year! I got diagnosed with Borderline a long time ago and ignored it until recently, when I realized how much it was effecting me, that my problems were a lot more serious than procrastination.

My childhood was about as dysfunctional as possible.

It's too early for me to pretend expertise but I think the key is to drop the toxic relationships and build a solid sense of identity, once we know what our weaknesses are. And maybe a psychologist to talk about childhood issues, the kind of conversation that you couldn't have with anyone else.

How's life been going for you?

U

unique86

life can be tough more 1 day than the other
my moods change often and sometimes for no reason.
my childhood trauma is a secret only my partner knows.
im hoping therapy will help but im not sure as keeping a secret is always gonna be a problem.

A

ashleybaby36

��Hello,how are u?? I was diagnosed with BPD just recently and for years ,thought it was just bipolar disorder...I've had a lot of past trauma in my life and childhood as well...I'm usually alone all throughout the day,just watching TV with no one to talk to...I'm here for you anytime u need a friend and want to talk:)

G

Gredge23

I have bpd and found the dbt course intense but utterly successful going on what I was like when I started to when I finished , also had terrible childhood trauma.

I wish you luck on your journey of self discovery and growth.