• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just been diagnosed with ptsd today

bubbling under

bubbling under

and I'm finding it hard to understand myself and what is going on in my head.

A few weeks ago I suffered a bad fall, knocking myself out and needed a paramedic. I was at work, and even now there is parts I don't remember. What I don't understand is why I don't remember and it's bothered me since it happened. I was carrying something, I don't remember what it was or what happened to it. I know that probably sounds really insignificant, but to me it has played on my mind a lot.

I haven't slept properly, I am jittery, very low, finding it hard to concentrate.

My meds have been upped, and my gp is wanting to see me weekly, but what else should I be doing. Will this just go away?

any help I will listen :(

A

Ainsworth

i was dx with this last year, my brain blocked out stuff, its a way of protecting ourselves from bad memories, they do come back, mine did and it wasnt good when they did for me. :(

bubbling under

bubbling under

I'm sorry unremarkable :(

I really thought he was just going to say I was in a dip, so to have had him say what I am feeling is this has thrown me even more off whack.

Did it make you feel like a stranger in a foreign land? Sorry if that makes no sense, but that's exactly how I feel.

S

*Sapphire*

Have you asked your employer what you were carrying BU? :hug:

bubbling under

bubbling under

She never took any notice. The cleaner was there, she was due in tomorrow but now she's not coming because she had an op on her foot.

I know it's silly.

S

*Sapphire*

It's not silly at all. Maybe the cleaner will remember i'll catch up with you tomorrow to find out! Try to get lots of rest BU :hug:

bubbling under

bubbling under

thanks. Just drugged myself up so it won;t be long x

A

Ainsworth

I'm sorry unremarkable :(

I really thought he was just going to say I was in a dip, so to have had him say what I am feeling is this has thrown me even more off whack.

Did it make you feel like a stranger in a foreign land? Sorry if that makes no sense, but that's exactly how I feel.
with me it felt very surreal, i knew some of the actions of what took place, but couldnt put them in order. i had emotion but not in the correct places and i became blinkered to the things around me. my thought process just seemed to had stopped.

when the thoughts finally hit me and everything had order to it, i relived every thought and emotion over and over again until i had a complete breakdown, its was at that point i was threatened with hospital. :cry:

bubbling under

bubbling under

that is where I am at. The event itself is hazy, and I know I keep harping on about what i was carrying, but this really is bothering me. The cleaner didn't come because of her foot, and she won't be in for another two weeks now. Today has sbeen bloody awful, it feels like I am only just functioning on such a bloody basic level

A

Ainsworth

yep

that how it is, we just cant place anything and remember the most silliest of details because the bad ones are just blocked out :(

when everything came back, it was like a flood of emotion, pain, everything, it was very hard going for a time. despair was overwhelming and repeating.

:hug: BU

Unhinged

Unhinged

you said the paramedics came... i used to be in that line of work, i would suggest contacting the emergency service company and seeing if you could talk to the medics that treated you, ask them what they saw, what they remember. might help.

(i know this is kind of an old thread but hopefully this will help)

bubbling under

bubbling under

Thank you for your response...I still don't remember the details, but wouldn't they think me strange for contacting them now :unsure:

Unhinged

Unhinged

i don't think it would be strange at all. worse case scenario they don't know. where i worked (and i would expect all ems to run simularly) we would write our reports out in the computer directly after the call, while everything was fresh in our heads. these reports would include things we saw on scene. if you were carrying something when you fell, i would expect that to be in the report as well. anyways, after they are entered in the computer our secretary would print them out and keep them filed. (so there would be 2 copies) and they are required to keep reports for something like 20-30 years (when i got hurt i had to go back and enter all the reports from the 80s into a computer)
ultimately an EMS company is there to help thier patients. if there are details written in a report somewhere that could help you with your road to recovery i would expect them to be more then willing to help. (depending on where you live, i think it would be the law for them to provide you with a copy of the report if you ask)
and who cares if you may seem 'strange' we all are :)

good luck and i hope things go well for you

bubbling under

bubbling under

OMG...literally just reading your reply, It's come in to my mind that they did hand me a document when they left!!! I have to find it!!!!

Unhinged

Unhinged

chances are that document that they gave you would've been and explanation of privacy policies and/or consent for them to care for you. probably wouldn't contain much in the way of notes that the paramedics would've written or their report. but it might atleast give you the names of who treated you and thats a great start :)