just back from 10 days in hospital

B

babs

what a mad time lol landed myself into hospital again finally got a digosed with cyclothymia but he thinks it full blown bipolar bit was maybe thinking dringing was making it look worse so he started at the lowest diganosted, i have been perscribed respadone 1mg twice a day and diazapam 5mg twice a day and a sleeping tablet and am being weaned of antidepressants as they may have been making me worse and am going to put on something else dont know what yet though prob some sort of stabilizer or somthing

ia there anyone had a simular sort of thing with the meds?????

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Poor you, do you feel better now? I'm on risperidone twice a day too, just started a few weeks ago and I seem to be a lot calmer than I was, not so anxious and quick to explode. I've got the pysch tomorrow and I think hes upping my dose so I'm very hopeful about this one. Just need to try and get more sleepys off him cos my sleep patterns been a bit erratic!!

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
Wish I could have some

Things are so bad right now and I have to cope with it all without any medication since I had a severe seizure caused by an SSRI. It broke my jaw and three teeth which are still cemented together two years later.

I have been so put off medication because of it. But am so distressed recently because of my neighbour tenant that I would love for something to take the edge off. I took to scratching my arm a few days ago just to try and keep control.

I hope the meds help you and dont hurt you.

cloudberry

B

babs

Poor you, do you feel better now? I'm on risperidone twice a day too, just started a few weeks ago and I seem to be a lot calmer than I was, not so anxious and quick to explode. I've got the pysch tomorrow and I think hes upping my dose so I'm very hopeful about this one. Just need to try and get more sleepys off him cos my sleep patterns been a bit erratic!!
yea am bit better but have had a few moments today but i do think the respadone does help a lot iv been on them over a month and stsarted on the lowesr 0.5mg twice day and just had them upped to 1mg twice day there at the end of last week i dont think i could survive without the sleepers though as sometimes i would need 2 to put me out, hope you get them sorted

B

babs

Things are so bad right now and I have to cope with it all without any medication since I had a severe seizure caused by an SSRI. It broke my jaw and three teeth which are still cemented together two years later.

I have been so put off medication because of it. But am so distressed recently because of my neighbour tenant that I would love for something to take the edge off. I took to scratching my arm a few days ago just to try and keep control.

I hope the meds help you and dont hurt you.

cloudberry
i would scratch and cut alot whens its bad, you should go see your phics as respadone has been fantastic (so far) along with the diazapam for that and seams to calm it down a bit,

jax

jax

babs!! :clap: I am in Norn Iron too. So hello to you.
I am glad that the risperidone seems to be helping. I was on it about 15 years ago when it first came out. At the time the doses were much larger. I think I was on maybe 8 mgs a day. It totally zonked me. I heard that they discovered that smaller doses worked just as well, if not better than the large doses.
Anyway, good luck with the good luck.
Jacqui

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skynet Bipolar Forum 5
B Bipolar Forum 1
dubblemonkey Bipolar Forum 4
B Bipolar Forum 4