• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Just an awkward hello?

Larysa

Larysa

Hiii sweethearts,
I'm really bad at writing introductions, but I honestly have no idea where else to start 😅.
I'm an 18-almost-19 y.o. college freshman from Poland, using they/them pronouns. I would mention my interests here, but I don't really have any besides listening to music, reading random books, watching random Netflix productions, and looking at cute animals, and I haven't even done most of these much in months.
I am not diagnosed with any kind of mental health problem, but I'm pretty sure I would be if COVID wouldn't have prevented me from seeing a psychiatrist, as I've been seriously struggling since I was in elementary school and I simply know there's something wrong with my brain, I just don't know what exactly.
I have multiple issues from many different branches of life. My studies are a mess and I'll probably be kicked out of uni before I even get to actually meet my classmates in person. My family - and my current housemates - have a really strained relationship with me and with each other, and increase my anxiety. My relationship was ruined by me, like, two months ago. And I think that's why I'm here - because on top of feeling so useless and scared that I sometimes worry if I can even make it, I'm just incredibly, extremely lonely, and I don't even have anyone to vent to about feeling lonely.
Well, sorry for the long, kinda pointless post that didn't even say much and lead anywhere, but I hope y'all have great days and even greater lives, huns! And thank you for reading up to this point, xx.

PS. English is not my first language, so if you notice I made any mistakes, please, point them out to me! I'd be really grateful.

mandy125

mandy125

Forum Safety Team
Hello and welcome to the forum :welcome: there is a few sections here to do with covid and i hope you find the site useful x

hicks

hicks

Welcome to the forum Larysa. You're not useless, and your English is perfect. It's a really difficult time, even for the most together person. Even worse if you are struggling with mental health issues. Loneliness can be a terrible thing, I hope you manage to find someone special to share your life with. In the meantime, hang around here, there is plenty of good advice and support.

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Hi Larysa and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Covid-19 truly put things on-hold in many places. You can read around the forum and see where you want to post threads within to ask questions, vent or just have a light hearted chat in the chill out lounge. There are many people here that can relate to the feeling of lonliness, so you aren’t alone and can find people to connect with and get support from.

You seem like a lovely person and shouldn’t feel that bad. You are also going through with a lot of things in life and mental health isn’t easy to handle. Myself is handling social anxiety and depression.

We nearly have the same interest but I get my cute animals from staring and cuddling with my bunnies. You have great english and you aren’t a useless person :grouphug:

I’m glad you found the forum and I hope you will like it here. It’s nice meeting you!

Just sharing a picture, it’s one of my spoiled boys I have:
ADFCB02E-A4BC-4A70-915D-F2DA16F0EFD3.jpeg

Larysa

Larysa

Thank you all for the replies! And ESPECIALLY thanks for the bunny OMH it's sooooo cute!

I've taken a look around the forum and will probably post about my more specific issues in more specific subforums once I find the courage to do so - and indeed, I am glad I found a forum with people who seem so friendly!

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Thank you all for the replies! And ESPECIALLY thanks for the bunny OMH it's sooooo cute!

I've taken a look around the forum and will probably post about my more specific issues in more specific subforums once I find the courage to do so - and indeed, I am glad I found a forum with people who seem so friendly!
I’m glad you enjoyed the picture of Odin ☺

Take your time and feel no pressure to post. I know I had a hard time writing on forums and it took a few years until I felt comfortable with it. It’s nice meeting you!

Barny67

Barny67

Hi Larysa, Welcome. I hope we’re able to help you feel better very soon. Tc

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Larysa welcome to the forum :welcome:

C

Chicago Jim

Hiii sweethearts,
I'm really bad at writing introductions, but I honestly have no idea where else to start 😅.
I'm an 18-almost-19 y.o. college freshman from Poland, using they/them pronouns. I would mention my interests here, but I don't really have any besides listening to music, reading random books, watching random Netflix productions, and looking at cute animals, and I haven't even done most of these much in months.
I am not diagnosed with any kind of mental health problem, but I'm pretty sure I would be if COVID wouldn't have prevented me from seeing a psychiatrist, as I've been seriously struggling since I was in elementary school and I simply know there's something wrong with my brain, I just don't know what exactly.
I have multiple issues from many different branches of life. My studies are a mess and I'll probably be kicked out of uni before I even get to actually meet my classmates in person. My family - and my current housemates - have a really strained relationship with me and with each other, and increase my anxiety. My relationship was ruined by me, like, two months ago. And I think that's why I'm here - because on top of feeling so useless and scared that I sometimes worry if I can even make it, I'm just incredibly, extremely lonely, and I don't even have anyone to vent to about feeling lonely.
Well, sorry for the long, kinda pointless post that didn't even say much and lead anywhere, but I hope y'all have great days and even greater lives, huns! And thank you for reading up to this point, xx.

PS. English is not my first language, so if you notice I made any mistakes, please, point them out to me! I'd be really grateful.
I’m from the US and your English is better than mine!😂.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Larysa welcome to the forums. You shouldn’t apologize for your first posting. It did a very good job of introducing yourself and telling us a little bit about who you are. In general there are few expectations for your postings here anyway. Just be yourself, contribute where you want to and enjoy. I hope your experience here is meaningful. xo, j