• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just a little question :)

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I just wanted to ask if anyone with their Depression wake up feeling ok and then go downhill as the day goes by? I keep on reading it is the other way round and I tend to get worse as the day goes on so thought I'd ask.

I'm not in a depressed state at the moment but just wanted to know :)

Marliee x

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

I certainly find that, I can start off feeling happy and go downhill. My moods can sometimes change in the space of twenty minutes either going up or down and back again.

coldwater00

coldwater00

Yes I do, well recently it hasn't been like that, but I notice it depends on general energy levels. Sometimes I would wake up feeling fine and then by lunchtime be feeling awful.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you to the both of you for answering :).

I was starting to think I was the only one..

Wiseowl, I am like that as well sometimes, my moods do that as well.

x

SarahD

SarahD

I usually feel hopeless, despair, and very scared first thing. Psych says that is the depression, I am not sure because always feel scared with psychosis. Then I pick up a bit. Evening usually very agitated, and depression bad again, but more active. That is a mixed up jumble in other words.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

It is interesting because I also know some other people with depression who go long periods without any mood changes, it shows how much variation there can be in peoples' experiences.

When I have been at my worst my mood has changed within minutes, which can be very exhausting. It feels like you are going through a years worth of emotions in one go. :hug1:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It is interesting because I also know some other people with depression who go long periods without any mood changes, it shows how much variation there can be in peoples' experiences.

When I have been at my worst my mood has changed within minutes, which can be very exhausting. It feels like you are going through a years worth of emotions in one go. :hug1:
I totally get what you are saying. It's like I am reading my own writing :hug1: x

coldwater00

coldwater00

I usually feel hopeless, despair, and very scared first thing. Psych says that is the depression, I am not sure because always feel scared with psychosis. Then I pick up a bit. Evening usually very agitated, and depression bad again, but more active. That is a mixed up jumble in other words.
I thought I was the only one that got evening agitation! It's better now because I've managed to stabilise my mood a bit but it was awful before I did that. I used to get so wound up in the evenings, want to smash everything up and scream. Horrible.

bulbie

bulbie

I change moods in a split second. I can start out feeling happy and get progressively worse as the day goes on. I can feel just fine until someone appears then I'm in a foul mood for no reason. I can feel utter despair for weeks on end, or minutes. I hate being me.

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

I wake up, feeling completely dreadful when I get out of bed and things slowly improve for me, overall I get better as the day goes on, by the evening I can feel good enough for a drop of the hard stuff, and it feels ok.

SarahD

SarahD

In the evening or night when I am agitated depressed I plan suicide in detail, for the next day. In the morning I feel so far beyond that I am not able to carry it out. During the day build up to making new plans. It is a merry go round. Ha ha I mean an unmerry go round.

pepecat

pepecat

My partner is worse in the morning, totally goes against her 'well' mood, which is where she's far more awake and productive in the mornings. But for her depression completely tips that the wrong way up.

For me, when I'm really unwell, i'm just crap all the time :D
I think though, from what I can remember, I do feel worse in the evenings......and actually I think that's still the case. I think I wake up in the morning feeling moderately crap, and hope it will improve, but when it doesnt' there's the crap, and the tiredness from the day, plus the guilt-crap that things haven't improved, and my brain going over the day and realising what a twat I've been all day.

so yeah, feeling worse in the evening is often how it goes for me.