• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Just a few questions hopefully someone can give their thoughts on.

G

gozensanji

I want to ask some questions about self-harm that Google and myself can't answer. I thought other people might be able to share some ideas that I've never heard of or I haven't thought of myself.

I apologize if any of these are dumb questions, like the answer is obvious or impossible to answer or they're simply stupid.

Why do I still want to hurt myself?
I just don't understand why I still do it. It's been years. I no longer feel that blank-mind high that I used to get; that feeling ended about two years ago. The reasons I've seen online don't quite resonate with me- Distraction, releasing tensions, feeling something, temporary high. I think the ones that sound possibly correct are self-expression and self-punishment, but they don't quite feel like the correct reasons. Perhaps there's some reason I haven't found.
Why can't I bring myself to hurt myself in the stereotypical way of self-harm?
I've tried. I just can't bring myself to do it. I hope you know what I mean by "stereotypical way of self-harm." It seems like almost every person who self-harms can do it, but I can't and I'd like to understand why, if that's possible.
Why do I enjoy the way scars and wounds look on me?
I'm not some edgy teenager, I swear. I kind of feel like they make me look tough, y'know? My theory is it's because it shows people to leave me alone, or that I've been through things and I look meaner than I really am. I don't know. Maybe there's a reason I haven't thought of that someone else can share.
Why do I want to cover my body or whole appendages in wounds?
I've always only done these few spots, but I've recently tried larger wounds and wounds on places I haven't tried before. Is there a reason for that?

tragicpink

tragicpink

unfortunately, i think these are the kind of questions that you have to answer for yourself

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I want to ask some questions about self-harm that Google and myself can't answer. I thought other people might be able to share some ideas that I've never heard of or I haven't thought of myself.

I apologize if any of these are dumb questions, like the answer is obvious or impossible to answer or they're simply stupid.

Why do I still want to hurt myself?
I just don't understand why I still do it. It's been years. I no longer feel that blank-mind high that I used to get; that feeling ended about two years ago. The reasons I've seen online don't quite resonate with me- Distraction, releasing tensions, feeling something, temporary high. I think the ones that sound possibly correct are self-expression and self-punishment, but they don't quite feel like the correct reasons. Perhaps there's some reason I haven't found.
Why can't I bring myself to hurt myself in the stereotypical way of self-harm?
I've tried. I just can't bring myself to do it. I hope you know what I mean by "stereotypical way of self-harm." It seems like almost every person who self-harms can do it, but I can't and I'd like to understand why, if that's possible.
Why do I enjoy the way scars and wounds look on me?
I'm not some edgy teenager, I swear. I kind of feel like they make me look tough, y'know? My theory is it's because it shows people to leave me alone, or that I've been through things and I look meaner than I really am. I don't know. Maybe there's a reason I haven't thought of that someone else can share.
Why do I want to cover my body or whole appendages in wounds?
I've always only done these few spots, but I've recently tried larger wounds and wounds on places I haven't tried before. Is there a reason for that?
self hatred? :hug: