• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

judgement day is here

G

gina kate

Hi all,

im scared, and feeling the unknown. I go to c shrink tomoz as urgent referal from gp. I sufferd a nervous breakdown 4 years ago and have been on meds ever since. im 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful boys. i have been through alot since the breakdown.... relationship breakdown.. i had to leave my youngest son with his dad as i cannot cope with the stress and anxiety when my two boys are together.. what sort of mum am i to do that? but i really cant cope with my rapid mood swings and the feeling of aggitation and when they just argue like normal children i have to leave the room and calm myself down before i would explode with anger.
i went bankrupt 2 years ago... excessive spending on things i didnt really need but at the time had to have. i then went through a stage of having one night stands, this made me feel like i was attractive and someone wanted me. i have had rapid mood changes and believe these to be manic episodes, the other day i was so excited that i had just brought 2 cans of airfreshner it sent me into a wave of uncontrolable excitment, to the point where i felt physically sick and had to lay down. oh, i am also collecting air freshners, plug inns, and fabric softener like theirs going to be a shortage, i have always liked a nice smelling home, but this is now out of control.
I can be high and excited, but very quickly can be changed to anger, aggitation or stress, if anyone makes a comment to me when on a high i feel rage and anger and so angry that they have destroyed my mood.
These are just a few of the things i am experiencing and would love to hear from anyone who can relate to me xx

jax

jax

I had a problem with spending too. In one summer I spent over £15,000 - mostly on credit as I don't work. I gave the majority of things I bought away to people. When I am manic - I am extremely hyper-sexual - meeting men from the Internet that I don't even know for a one night stand. I have a type of rapid cycling called - ultra-radian cycling. It means that I can change within minutes of each other. I am however - stable for the first time in 4 years. I am on 2 anti-psychotics and 2 mood stabilizers and am going to ask my pdoc if he will reduce my medicine. He may say no as I am only out of hospital 3 months - but I will still ask him. So there is hope of stability and a normal life - it just take finding the correct medication.

C

claire21

I know what you mean

I went to my gp a week ago and said that for months i have been seeing people and hearing voices and that i get thoughts that aint mine. I thought i was just depressed, they rushed me to the local mental health hospital were i saw a psych nurse. He had urgently referred me to the early intervention team for schizophrenia. I am very scared i don't know what to do. I feel so depressed also very different. I have two lovely children and a husband and i have had enough of feeling guilty about it, I tried to fight out the thoughts and the voices and led myself to believe they are normal until i snapped and ended up at gp's office having a nervous breakdown. When i told them about my thoughts been someone else's they were concerned now i have emergency meeting with the hospital tomorrow and im scared they are going to section me because i am refusing treatment. I don't want medication that fuks your life up even more i am so stuck and very alone........:mad::confused::unsure::drool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zana Bipolar Forum 5
O Bipolar Forum 10
K Bipolar Forum 5
T Bipolar Forum 3
M Bipolar Forum 11