• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Jordan Peterson: Advice for people with depression.

jajingna

jajingna

Jordan Peterson is a clinical psychologist and psychology professor in Canada. There are loads of his videos on youtube. He's very intelligent and well-spoken. I found this video pretty good:

jackolantern

jackolantern

Hello, thank you for your recommendation of these videos.
It is very useful sometimes to to see there particular insight into different MH conditions.

L

Lizaje

But he is a drug addict. That's okay, but like I would totally not trust the analysis of someone who is not able to care for himself. And I've listened to him sometimes and just don't like him. But whatever works for you.

jajingna

jajingna

Yeah, I don't know much about the man, and have seen only a few of his videos, but he comes across as very sharp and knowledgeable.

T

Thisway

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jordan is very controversial and should be approached with caution. The irony is that he has indeed suffered with addiction recently and his youtube content is in turn highly addictive! He upholds personal responsibility above everything else to the point of fetish which i find has to be treated with caution.
But he is a drug addict.
This is interesting. I was amazed by the idea that he says he had no idea benzos were addictive!! For a psychiatrist i find this unbelievable. Whats funny is there is a chapter in his book something like "set yourself in order before criticising the world". I don't think personal struggles preclude people from offering thoughts and ideas and jordan should not be held to the standard he unfairly sets in his book which is at times really misguided.

Approach him with caution.

jajingna

jajingna

Let's forget about him for a minute. Does the message in the video about depression make sense? I believe it does. Could it help someone? I believe it could.

B

blue spark

But he is a drug addict. That's okay, but like I would totally not trust the analysis of someone who is not able to care for himself. And I've listened to him sometimes and just don't like him. But whatever works for you.
Wash your mouth out,he got addicted to pain killers the doctor gave him.He went into rehab for it,he's doing great.This man is phenominal,you should watch some of his lectures.Talk about followers,millions of them.PS he isn't a fucking drug addict.

B

blue spark

Jordan Peterson is a clinical psychologist and psychology professor in Canada. There are loads of his videos on youtube. He's very intelligent and well-spoken. I found this video pretty good:

I watch him all the time,listen to his Bibical series.How he explains the bible is amazing,and his twelve rules for life is fantastic.Watch this one,he shuves a bug up this interviewer.Most people havn't got the intelect to watch him,that includes me.

jajingna

jajingna

Yeah, there aren't many people on his intellectual level. It's way up there.

losingme1989

losingme1989

Used to listen to talks by him regularly, eventually moved on, not too keen on listening to arrogance, but then I guess many 'inspirational' people seem to have a tendency for being arrogant, shame because it spoils the message, imo anyway.

losingme1989

losingme1989

But I guess most of us need someone to look up to, gives us comfort right? Heh.

N

Nukelavee

Wash your mouth out,he got addicted to pain killers the doctor gave him.He went into rehab for it,he's doing great.This man is phenominal,you should watch some of his lectures.Talk about followers,millions of them.PS he isn't a fucking drug addict.
Nope. I don't trust him, or the persona he tries to project.

Also - benzos aren't painkillers.

B

blue spark

Nope. I don't trust him, or the persona he tries to project.

Also - benzos aren't painkillers.
What ever they are,he got them off his doctor.Anyway he's sorted now,all his millions of fans wish him well.Lets face,all on this forum have problems.

N

Nukelavee

The guy is a scam artist, only out to sell books. The guy preaches intolerance and calls it wisdom.

I wouldn't pee in his ear if his brain was on fire.