• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Join us

G

Greysunday

My G.P. once said that only the village idiot doesn't get depressed.

N

NrLondonGuy

Well your GP is obviously the village idiot then and does not suffer from depression and as he's an idiot can't make a more thought out view on his stupid comment, despite being a GP, routed from a lack of knwledge on depression which is not known to not affect poeple will lower levels of intelligence or functions what ever that is. What an idiot. Nastyness and isolation and indeed feeling you are not able at things can also cause deperession so beingn called teh village idiot and being shuned for it and havning lower academic skills and stuff as well (if he really is an idiot notthat I woudl use that word) woudl sure make a lot of people depressed. When you study any academia often idiocy exists at the highest levels. Among those in profression, what they write and say both in their journals, practice and off topic.

SimonB

SimonB

GP's...over educated and over payed.....and idiot can do their job!

N

NrLondonGuy

I like my current GP's in my surgery they are all great but as a generic thing GP's piss me off the most when they think because they are a GP they are more expert in an area then they are intsead of seeing themselves and a man of many skills and a master of non. I do prefer them though to pychiastrists who I have to say are my least favourite people across teh health spectrum.