• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Johova Witnesses will not leave alone !

S

skyblue

A month ago I was in a state of rapid cycling.

The Johova Witnesses knocked and they could see there was something wrong with me. They asked if they could help.
Well,.. that was it I invited them in, I didn't even have time to make them tea/coffee. I stood in the living room and was non stop talking about everything that was going on. They hardly managed to get a word in edge ways.
It was nice of them to care, and they never got the chance to talk about their religion :unsure: because I couldn't stop talking.

Now though, they keep knocking at my door wanting to talk about their beliefs and how it will help me. Although, I'm still not 100%, I am feeling better than I was because i'm back taking all my medication. I realise they need to do their bit and I was grateful for their time, only they will not leave me alone now. I don't believe in what they believe in.

How do I say, thanks but no thanks. :unsure:

Gail

Gail

You just answer the door say thankyou but i dont share your beliefs, now please leave me alone and do not call again, sooner or later they will get the message. I had a simmeler issue they kept calling so in the end i just said i respect your right to believe in wot you want to but i dont share your views so please do not call again or I will be contacting your church elders about it. They have not called back since.
good luck

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Have you tried thanking them for their help but telling then you don't share their beliefs and would appreciate it if they stopped coming? Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. I've had experience of these people before and I really think you have to really tell them not to come back or they'll pray on you all the more.

emski

emski

I have found the best way to get rid of unwanted religious canvassers is to calmly but firmly state that I worship the devil :evil: it's not very polite but it sees them off. I have known of a certain religious persuasion, not JWs, actively seeking to convert people in states of severe mental distress, and have personally had them pursue me outside a jobcentre

D

Deremna

I have found the best way to get rid of unwanted religious canvassers is to calmly but firmly state that I worship the devil :evil: it's not very polite but it sees them off. I have known of a certain religious persuasion, not JWs, actively seeking to convert people in states of severe mental distress, and have personally had them pursue me outside a jobcentre
An old friend of mine opened the door naked with a ketchup-smeared crucifix once.. And I had an ex answer the door naked with a chicken. Both are mean so I obviously wouldn't suggest that..

But I have just calmly explained that I don't hold their beliefs and do not appreciate being hounded as that will only serve to drive me even farther from the whole idea. (though they weren't door to door people, they were Mormons I went to high school with)

megirl

megirl

For me honesty is the best approach. Just say how you feel and you are not interested