• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Job issues

K

KJ92

Hi, I haven’t done this before & not really sure where to turn to.
I live in a rural area of Scotland and have trained as a primary school teacher. However, having completed a full year of teaching I then got a permanent post where I have been physically andverbally assaulted by pupils and haven’t had any support from management. I had to leave my job and couldn’t complete my notice for low mood and anxiety reasons. I now can’t get a job doing something less stressful because I am “ over qualified” and struggle in interviews. I am not long married and my mood is affecting my marriage and my life and I don’t know what to do now. I have no income and no real opportunities to profess further, and it’s made me really low.
Thanks for reading

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
Welcome to the forum
I'm so sorry about your job, are you in an union can they help you as sounds rather unfair. That you had to resign.
Have you been to your GP?
Hope you feel better really soon.
Volunteering might help,
Hugs

hicks

hicks

That's really awful for you. Could you possibly use your teaching qualifications and skills in some other variety of teaching.
I can tell you that my children are home educated, and we use a distance learning based organisation called Wolsey Hall, who provide teaching materials, and tutors who can be contacted via Skype etc. The English tutor is really great, and she mentioned that she suffers from anxiety, and had problems with classroom environments. So this format for teaching works well for her.
Just a suggestion.

K

KJ92

Yeah I went to the GP, and currently working with the union to build a case. It’s just what to do now and how to feel better. I’m not angry anymore, I’m just really sad. I am waiting for self help classes but they take a while. I don’t know what to do to feel better

K

KJ92

That's really awful for you. Could you possibly use your teaching qualifications and skills in some other variety of teaching.
I can tell you that my children are home educated, and we use a distance learning based organisation called Wolsey Hall, who provide teaching materials, and tutors who can be contacted via Skype etc. The English tutor is really great, and she mentioned that she suffers from anxiety, and had problems with classroom environments. So this format for teaching works well for her.
Just a suggestion.
Thank you for your suggestion I will look into it x

hicks

hicks

I'm sad to hear that teachers are having these experiences, you're not alone. I think something is seriously wrong with the UK education system in general. I have a lot to say on this subject, but this is maybe not the thread for it.
I wish you all the best in the meantime, and hope you find something better.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
Sorry your having to wait for counselling, take good care of you. I.e. Plently of sleep, walks when you feel able, a good diet, spending time with others etc.
Try to do some hobbies.
I know it's hard it really does get easier.
We're here to support you to.
Hugs