• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Job Interview

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

I have a job interview at 4pm, my friend thinks its too early for me to be looking for work whilst im not 100% well. Theres no garentee that i will get the job, its only part time mon to fri 4 hours a day, i really think it will help me to stay busy meet new people, if im busy the voices and such cant attack me (well thats hoping anyway) Im getting stabiler on these meds, ive had a good few days since my paranoia attack, the voices have been quieter.

anyways wish me luck :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Good luck!

I know that a small job is part of my recovery plan and I hope that if you get it (fingers crossed) you find yours is too.

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

it went ok, had to find references and send it to them via email which ive done.

got to wait and see now, not sure i even want the job now.

S

*Sapphire*

I wish you all the best with this Neodelta. Work has been extremely helpful in my recovery as you said the distraction is a huge benefit, as well as being around people and the confidence you get from earning your own money.

But as they say everything is good in balance. A lesson I am learning well! :)

Jo1760

Jo1760

Neodelta, well done for going ahead with the interview. I do truly hope it works out for you. How did you feel about the job once you met the person who could be your boss?

I also had an interview yesterday, i haven't worked for 6 months and i know i am also not 100% but i felt slightly pressured in going back too work.

i didn't particualrly like the job and felt it would be too much for me so i confirmed today i wouldn't be taking it. I have another interview lined up for Wednesday, i am going to keep my fingers crossed that this will be better. Its part time so certianly a bonus.

i hope you are feeling well after your busy day. Rest up this evening and congratulate yourself for attending.

X

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

The person who would potientially be my boss was really arrogant. Ive already cried my heart out tonight because i really wish i hadnt bothered with the job, im not ready for work, had a discussion with hubby tongiht and we have decided im going to do charity work instead for a while, to get me back into the swing of things.

Jo1760

Jo1760

That must have been difficult for you, it's hard having to face people like that when not feeling 100%.

Good luck with the charity work. There are some fantastic opportunities out there. Things that may help you in the future and help you prepare for when you feel ready to return to work. There is also the added factor of being able to put charity work on a CV which i think looks really good.

Take care this evening and try not too worry too much about deciding against taking the position.

I am not sure if this is much help, but it was a site i used to find a volunteering position.

http://www.do-it.org.uk/

It seems to cover a broad area.

Take really good care.

X

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Thanks for that link i hve now applied for 3 volunteering positions, 2 in charity shops and one for rape crisis. xx

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

no it was during but as i couldnt give any there and then, they asked me to email it to them which ive done but im not even going accept an offer if they offer, i broke down tongiht and howled for 30mins none stop, if its causing me stress now, then id hate to kknow what would happen if i got the job. going for voluntering instead now.