• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Job interview on Thursday

R

Rhiannon_m

How am I suppose to cover up all my marks on my wrist without wearing a ridiculous amount of bracelets. My makeup doesn't work. I have been tempted to cancel it as I don't know how to hide my marks without wearing bracelets. Please help :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Saranoya

Two options here, as I see it.

1) Wear a long-sleeved sweater with a cutout for your thumb, so the sleeves cover both your wrist and the lower part of your hand.

2) Don't try to hide the scars. Often when you try to hide something, what you're actually doing is pointing other people's attention towards it. Be casual about it. If the scars are on the inside of your wrist, chances are they won't even notice there's anything wrong.

Whatever you do, don't cancel. That's the beginning of another downward spiral.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I agree, don't try to cover up - you might make it obvious! I'm not one for 'showing off scars' but they are who you are, or who you have been so I wouldn't worry about them xxxx
Good luck with the interview!

C

Conraw

Wear a shirt and a blazer.
dependent on your scars whether there fresh or healed. If they are fresh I would recommend keeping them covered with a shirt and blazer however if they are healed and you can see them don't worry about it. There will be 2 outcomes.
1: they ignore it and don't ask anything
or 2 the more likely outcome: they notice, and ask if your ok. This is where if your comfortable with talking about it you can use it to your advantage ie - you've overcome troubles, your stronger now and your in the best place you can be therefore you are perfect for the job.

Its down to what your comfortable doing. My personal advice would be to wear a shirt and blazer. - this way you look nice and smart for your interview as well as hiding you scars.

Hope this helps!
Good luck!

Q

quietsecret

I wearing cardigans/jackets! Best of luck with the interview I know how nerve wrecking it can be :)

katya

katya

You can get a flesh-coloured wrist band. I've seen people wear them at school to cover up tattoos.

katya

katya

Good luck! Whatever you do, I hope it's the best thing for you and that you can feel confident about it!